Identification of Zeagle/ Apeks Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AKmountaineer

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Zeagle/ Apeks regulator which does not have any model name or number on it. Naturally, I would like to find out which model it is so I can get info on whether or not it's a good reg and what its operating characteristics are. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

I added some pics to the original post. Thanks.

From the pictures it looks like my TECH-50D regulator. I don't have any objective information on the performance characteristics of the regualor but my TECH-50D has performed flawlessly in multiple environments (tropical trips; cold water diving; deep dives, less than 130 ft) for 6 years.

AKmountaineer:
I added some pics to the original post. Thanks.
You have what is normally referred to as a TX50 reg set.

The first stage is a DST which stands for dry sealed turrent, it swivels. The second stage is the TX50 which has both adjustments on it as opposed to the TX40 which only has the dive/pre dive switch.

Very nice regs.

Gary

I'd back up Gary in so far as that is indeed a DST Apeks first stage (which is excellent) but I don't believe that's a TX50 second stage. I'm not familiar with the Zeagle Second Stages, but is that what ID-Diver meant with 50D - is he referring to the second stage?

In any event, you'll love the DST.

Thanks very much for the help. Do you guys know offhand how this regulator compares to my Oceanic Delta 2 or an Aqua Lung Legend?

Thanks again!

I looked at my manual. The first and second stage as a unit are listed as a Tech-50D. The "D" stands for dry sealed first stage.

Looking at Apeks' web site I agree the first stage is a DST. I am not sure what the 50 stands for.

Sorry I couldn't find any product reviews.

This is one of the original regs that Apeks made for Zeagle. The apeks is the TX50-DST (dry sealed turret) and the zeagle is the 50D first stage with ZX second. Notice the obvious apeks tags on the first stage, and less obvious one on the front cover of the second stage. This is before Zeagle decided to start putting their own logos on their regs. As far as comparison to legend or Delta 2? It matches the perofrmance of the current ATX50, so your question is a matter of opinion. Most people put the Legend above the Apeks. As far as the delta goes it is a good reg and has the feature of zero inhalation effort unlike the apeks/aqualung (you can make it trickle by opening the knob all the way). But on the otherhand the Oceanic is sealed but not cold water desinged. moreso for california.

As rescuediver009 stated . It is a Old Apeks Reg made for Zeagle prior to Zeagle making their own model regs. That particular model is what Zeagle called the Tech 50 D with the Zx second stage. When Apeks was selling, Zeagle had the chance to purchase it, But they decided to go with their product. The new Zeagle regs carry the same names as Apeks had to come up with different names for selling here in North America under the Aqualung Family of diving products. Example ATX 50 is the tech 50 of old

Back
Top Bottom