Identification Of The "south Jack Wreck" - Former Yacht Of Kaiser Wilhelm II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, that fits perfectly with my impressions of the wreck. I had described it as a "Gilded Age" steam yacht built between 1890 and 1910. In fact, I had found pictures to show people of what I thought the yacht originally looked like, and they are very similar to your pictures of the ship!

Great job on the ID! :D

In fact, I had found pictures to show people of what I thought the yacht originally looked like, and they are very similar to your pictures of the ship!

I had forgotten about that but yes, you in fact, did show a pic of what you thought it once looked like. Pretty nifty.

Very nice...

Yes, that's where Walter, Dario and I were attacked by bulls... and where Tracy and I ran into these...

bulls1.jpg

bulls2.jpg

It seems like late May, early June the SouthJack wreck turns into a singles bar for randy bullsharks! I don't think the sharks trying to eat you, Jim, just lowering their standards! :D

It seems like late May, early June the SouthJack wreck turns into a singles bar for randy bullsharks! I don't think the sharks trying to eat you, Jim, just lowering their standards! :D
Last year, they were interested... The year before, they were hungry :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom