Identification of new wreck - Kriegsmarine Raumboot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
[SIZE=-1]Recently I found in Baltic Sea, off Scholpin, a wreck that in my opinion can be remain of R227 lost during 2 WW.
From wreck I picked up an object with some german inscription - a kind of electrical part, isolator.
[/SIZE]
element.jpg
element2.jpg
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Wreck is in very bad condition, uncompleted, badly destroyed, and all covered with fishing nets. It`s hard to say what part of ship it is exactly. It is approx. 20 - 30m long, quite narrow, and there is quite a lot of aluminium parts - frames, ribs, plates, etc.
I think it can be ramain of Raumboot 227 (Raumboots were made of aluminium) - lost on 18.03.1945 - ``Nähe Stolpebank zwischen Scholpin und Rixhöft durch sowjetische Fliegerangriff und Artillerie am 18.03.1945 versenkt.``
I`m gonna do some more dives on this wreck if weather allows. [/SIZE]

Did you ever do any more diving on this wreck? Sounds intriguing. This is an old thread, but maybe you can post the pics again and give an update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom