Ideas on storing gear during transport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got rid of my Saab 900 and bought a Honda Element. It's the perfect dive car. The seats are waterproof, comes with wipe down rubber floor (ideal for salty/sandy gear) and enough storage to hold two sets of doubles dive gear for me and buddy. In my Saab 900, it was tight just holding my gear in hatch back I now even have a tailgate to rest my tanks/doubles as suiting up.

What asking for is ideas keeping tanks from moving around. I've seen others build some sort of double decker system out of wood. Tanks on bottom, tubs of gear on top.
Need picture examples, what materials, specs to build. To hold 3-4 single tanks and or two sets of doubles with pony's. Also to hold container with gear.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

There is a element owners website elementowners.com I think. They have a lot of ideas. Also there are some divers on there as well. I have an element but I am transporting much less gear. Most of the time I only take out one of the seats I don't even take out both unless I am carrying camping gear also.

In our Suburban, when we take out the third seat, there are the rings which they mount to in the floor. I lay tanks flat with the valves pointed to the rear, and secure then with a cargo strap to the rings in the floor. I pile gear on top of the tanks in plastic bins. Its a simple, cheap and secure way to pack, much easier than the bed of my truck.

In our Suburban, when we take out the third seat, there are the rings which they mount to in the floor. I lay tanks flat with the valves pointed to the rear, and secure then with a cargo strap to the rings in the floor. I pile gear on top of the tanks in plastic bins. Its a simple, cheap and secure way to pack, much easier than the bed of my truck.

Great idea. Forgot the Element has hooks to strap tanks to the floor! thanks!

I'm also going to check the Element owners site.

Back
Top Bottom