Ideas for a month with a Villa. Flights to Bonaire too much :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK. Any one besides me wanna be either of these guys?

Just in between lovina and the beach/dock that takes you to menjangan isłand... nice and quiet :)

you have some great macro spots up there apparently, particularly as everyone targets menjangan or Tulamben, so the inbetween bit is a little more remote and unspoiled.

Just in between lovina and the beach/dock that takes you to menjangan isłand... nice and quiet :)

you have some great macro spots up there apparently, particularly as everyone targets menjangan or Tulamben, so the inbetween bit is a little more remote and unspoiled.

Ok yes I know where your talking about now. I surprisingly have not dove up there yet, its on the massive to do list just have not gotten around to it and I just dont spend enough time in bali anymore. But Ill be back in Indo for about month in March for diving and I have a good friend that manages a dive center up in Tulamben that keeps trying to get me to come visit so maybe ill try and take a trip over that way.

Ill be sure to post some reviews about the area if I do go.

Don’t bother with Puri Jati. Older reviews suggest it was once thought to have the potential to be the next big thing in macro sites. It was either always overrated or had gone downhill by the time I visited in 2016.

i was going to rent a villa right next to Puri Jati, so i'm glad i opted for one further up. Can you define 'overrated' if i'm rocking a 105mm with SMC-1 and SMC -2 will it disappoint?

And can you give me a comparison of one that was better? I likely will still go as i have a month and it's 20 mins up the road, but less likely to plan multiple dives if its a bit weak..

i was going to rent a villa right next to Puri Jati, so i'm glad i opted for one further up. Can you define 'overrated' if i'm rocking a 105mm with SMC-1 and SMC -2 will it disappoint?

And can you give me a comparison of one that was better? I likely will still go as i have a month and it's 20 mins up the road, but less likely to plan multiple dives if its a bit weak..

Please check it out and report back. I was on a safari around the island and had a driver take us there for one day. We used a dive guide affiliated with the Zen resort. Granted, we only had one day—not much of a statistical sample—but we got totally skunked. Our experienced muck guide found nothing of note. Later, we heard from other divers the opinion that the place held promise at one time, but something—perhaps locals dumping garbage—had driven the marine life away, even the macro stuff. It’s a wide expanse of shallow sandy bottom—seemingly perfect muck. It’s entirely possible the locals have gotten the hint when divers stopped coming, and it has improved. Check it out.

Anyone have any opinions of dive ops around Sanur? I might bring myself to jump in the puddle for a couple of dives before I push off up north..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom