Ideas for a month with a Villa. Flights to Bonaire too much :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saba?

I was also thinking about coz...it’s a good shout..but I just can’t reconcile with the ‘camera tax’ especially with my rig....

I’m liking Saba and curaçao recommendations.. but it’s actually looking like we may shoot for north west Bali.. we can fly through Istanbul with 3 days layover so the kids get smelly bazar culture shock as well as Indonesian..

you get a heck of a villa with full staff and driver for around 8k for a month before discounts and the flights are 2K cheaper than Bonaire. Dives around 30 bucks a pop.. which isn’t amazing, but I can deal with it.. flying the parents in and you are at about 40 bucks a night per person for a palace..

‘Thanks guys.. great suggestions all.

I was also thinking about coz...it’s a good shout..but I just can’t reconcile with the ‘camera tax’ especially with my rig....

I’m liking Saba and curaçao recommendations.. but it’s actually looking like we may shoot for north west Bali.. we can fly through Istanbul with 3 days layover so the kids get smelly bazar culture shock as well as Indonesian..

you get a heck of a villa with full staff and driver for around 8k for a month before discounts and the flights are 2K cheaper than Bonaire. Dives around 30 bucks a pop.. which isn’t amazing, but I can deal with it.. flying the parents in and you are at about 40 bucks a night per person for a palace..

‘Thanks guys.. great suggestions all.
There was no "camera tax" going to Cozumel. That was only if going to Baja, and seems to have stopped.

Hi All,
Can i pick your collective brains for ideas of a place to go for a month between mid June-Mid July. The flights from Canada to Bonaire are just too high and annoying with mandatory layover in Miami to justify with a villa ( family trip) even out of season.

Couple of caveats:

Almost Anywhere in the world ok ( Indonesia probably max flight distance, (no Australia or New Zealand/Fiji etc)
Hawaii out
Needs to have a villa with private pool
Needs to be better than average diving to keep me interested for a month
Kids are 3 and 6
Probably not a resort as we have a lot of crap ( camera equipment etc and i will kill my kids in a small space over an extended period of time.)
Probably cap out at 12k for accommodation for the month.

Anyone been anywhere they can recommend? We are a bit late for decent Bali villas for an entire month, but i would be open to Philippines etc.

I'm looking for more of a 'we stayed here ( villa or town) and it was great' as opposed to 'what about Mauritius' etc. I'm just looking for specific recommendations ideally.

Thanks!
I've stayed here twice. Sea Side Villa Curacao - Villas for Rent in Sint Michiel, Curaçao, Curaçao No private pool, but there is a stairway that is lowered directly into the ocean.

4 bedrooms, so each child get their own, plus one to keep all your essential "stuff"

Air b&b in Costa Rica...soooooo much to do there besides diving that even a month isn’t enough!

Back
Top Bottom