IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max2018

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I have my divemaster and looking at possibly taking my IDC. Where is th best area in the world to land a job? A little concerned as when I did my divemaster, it seemed like a factory going on in Utila.

Cheers,

Max

as a new instructor it will be a lean time financially , but a great lifestyle , like all professions the more marketable you are the more you can command in salary

When I was doing my IDC in Bonaire at Buddy Dive they said they have openings for instructors.
If you happen to do your IDC there you would certainly have a foot in the door.

Here is a little blog I wrote about how it went for me:
http://nwdivers.me/blog/padi-idc-at-buddy-dive-in-bonaire/

I also thought the package price was a pretty ripping good deal.

Are you willing to live anywhere in the world? Would this be a lifetime commitment or just a few years?

Try to hedge your bets a bit to make yourself more employable.......boat captain, service tech, webmaster, IT network etc. it’s a competition.......have lots of money making specialties like photo and video to sell pics and videos to clients.

Try to hedge your bets a bit to make yourself more employable.......boat captain, service tech, webmaster, IT network etc. it’s a competition.......have lots of money making specialties like photo and video to sell pics and videos to clients.
Yes. Most people who work in the business wear many hats.

When I did my first liveaboard tip, the primary crew consisted of 3 people: the captain, the DM, and the engineer. I learned that they had a 4th person who was on vacation. They were all on a 4 week schedule, with each week a different role: captain, DM, engineer, and vacationer. That way any of the 3 on board could fill any of the other roles in a pinch. I imagine they took turns as captains during the night passages.

Asia can be good for employment opportunities as it's always high season somewhere, and the cost of living is often quite reasonable... I have never found it difficult to find work here, even as a new instructor...

Apply at Mc Donald's -- better salary and benifits
Lol...not looking for money...had that before...just looking for a job I like and be able to eat, have a place to sleep, and enjoy life into a semi- non rat race lifestyle...thx for comment doh :)

When I was doing my IDC in Bonaire at Buddy Dive they said they have openings for instructors.
If you happen to do your IDC there you would certainly have a foot in the door.

Here is a little blog I wrote about how it went for me:
http://nwdivers.me/blog/padi-idc-at-buddy-dive-in-bonaire/

I also thought the package price was a pretty ripping good deal.
Thx :) havent got my IDC yet...doing research on where to do it...Im in Bali but leaning on going back to Utila where I did my DM...trying to find in which part of the world there is more opportunities for a newbie instructor...cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom