Idc + ie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griff..

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well... since last sunday.. (17th October)

I've been doing my IDC...
Numerous theory exams, standards exams, classroom presentations, confined water demo's, open water skills...

Then today was the second/last day of my IE
I PASSED btw..

Just wanted to say a few things..

IDC.. Listen to your course director! If you put alot of hard work into your IDC.. You WILL pass your IE..

So for all future Instructor Candidates

work hard, and you will pass.. I was extremely nervous on my IE.. but I ended up scoring nearly all 5's.. alot of hard work, attention to detail goes along way.

How the IE went for us;

Tuesday (first day)

Registration, presentation by the examiner.. about project aware and the format for the rest of the day..
Get issued with a sheet of paper giving you a colour and a number.. telling you what skills you have, and weather you have to use a pocket mask or not for your rescue.

Theory + Standards exams
An hour and a half for each.. 12 questions on each of the 5 sections (Physics, Physiologoy, RDP, Equipment, General skills and the enviroment)
Hand in that paper and get given your standards exam (50 questions, open book with instructor manual and PADI Guide to teaching)

---Short Break to Prepare Confined water Brief, Skill and Debrief---

Confined water + Skills Circuit
Group was split into 2.. My group went first.
Got into the pool, Examiner just snorkelled on the surface.
Gave us 5 skills to demonstrate..
Then we went to the surface and briefed our skills, then demonstrated and debriefed them.

---Short Break to Prepare Classroom Presentation---

Classroom Presentation.. Examiner and class watching you..
Got to use the projector and the Prescriptive teaching slides..

END OF DAY.

Day 2

Quick brief of the dive site.. again split into 2 groups. My group would go second this time.

Everyone gave their briefings and first group entered water and did there skill then rescue.

First group exited water and my group entered..
We did our Rescue Demo (Unconcious diver at the surface)
Had to remove all the gear whilst giving rescue breaths with or without a pocket mask, depending on what you got.

Our group descended and did our open water skills..
Finished and headed back to shore..

Everyone gave de briefings, followed by a Congratulations, or Unlucky

Presented with Certificate :)

Congratulations Griff!! Have fun in your new exciting career and enjoy every minute of it!

Possibly the two most stressful days of my entire life- well worth it though!

Congrats on passing!

Back
Top Bottom