Idaho Sewing Scuba Weight Belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noshow

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone who has used this weight belt with a SS BP (ie, Halcyon Pioneer setup) please provide some feedback? :confused:

Looking for functionality and comfort? Does it hit the bottom of the backplate in the small of your back/waist? How much weight is not only doable but comforable? (I need about 24 lbs) Thumbs up? or thumbs down? Is it really better than a standard 2" webbing belt?

I dive exactly what you are describing [Halcyon SS BP, Pioneer 27# wing, AL80, and one of Heath's (idsewing's) weightbelts].

Functionality is great, comfort is also great. I wear it under my harness and the BP just lies over the top of the belt. You cannot even tell the thing is on in the water. With the SS BP, an AL80, and a 5mm full wetsuit, I use 4 lbs in the weightbelt (in freshwater - I am 5'10" and about 158 lbs). I bought an assortment of weights from idsewing, but I put a 2# in the center back pouch and a 1# in each pouch next to the 2#.

I like it better than a standard weightbelt, but then again I was never part of the "anti-weightbelt" campaign...both were pretty comfortable for me.

thanks for he reply oring. i am not anti-weight belt, in fact when they are done up tight, i think they are quite comfortable! i only have two concerns.

1. with the weight belt done up nice and tight, will it damage my self entry drysuit worth 2K?

2. i sometimes feel like the 2"webbing weight belt with the four 6lb weights (2per side = 24lbs) holds up the bp and wings... almost like it gets caught and sits on top. this is esp so during a surface swim.

just interested in alternatives. i am currently trying the acb pockets but don't like the bulk...

that's the one Pug uses. He loves his. Look in threads related to Halcyon ACB to find his comments about this belt. He also dives a wing/BP system and a drysuit.

Tom

Noshow,
I was a beta tester for Heath's belt. I use it with a SS BP. I have put 28# into it with good comfort. It works well and will not hurt your suit. Is it better than a 2" belt? I think it is more comfortable. What else would you like to know?
Lloyd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom