ID on dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnny sea ranger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What can I use to mark by stuff? I almost ended up with one L and one M fin last trip. One dive shop thought my neoprene cap belonged to them. I want to mark boots, cap, mask, fins

I use plastic colored tape. Example all my gear is identified by a two inch strip of blue tape with a one inch strip of red in the center. Where tape can't be used, colored markers with same color pattern is used. Makes for easy ID.

I use a silver Sharpie. You can use any color and it is perfect for items that are flexable. IMHO, tape does not do as well.

Silver Sharpie is good for some things. White fabric marker (from Michael's) also good. I use White Out on many things.

Silver sharpies for most stuff. Tanks get reflective mail box lettering.

I used tape before the invention of the Sharpie, properly applied it last years and is removable.

I just keep an eye on my stuff and don't walk away from it where people can get sticky fingers. The few items I do have marked were done with a sharpie or paint pen tha twe use at work to mark sheets of material (metals).

Black marker for lighter colored stuff & a white or silver marker for darker stuff.

Jim, when our shop goes on a trip, a lot of people have nearly the same equipment. Get 30- 40 people in a group like that & it can get confusing of who's stuff is who's. Marking is the best way.

Paint pen. My initials are on my wetsuits, fins, mask strap (it's neoprene), dive lights, etc. I went to the pet store and made a tag for my computer with my name and phone number. My name is written on the label inside of my BC and I wrote my first name on my weight pockets. I also traveled with people having similar gear, avoids mix ups.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom