Icon HD Net Ready - We Want Trimix!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adutto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Mares Team, we need your help!

I've been using the Icon HD since it went out to the market several years ago, time had passed and now I'm on the net ready, the third Icon HD I own, always ultra satisfied with the product and Mares' customer service.
Being a techy person myself, what I believe to be the killer feature of the computer is the UI.

That said, I began my journey into tech diving a while ago, and I just refuse to buy those tech computers with all their well deserved reputation but 0 investment in the UI (*).

My questions to Mares are:
1. Is there a way I can upgrade my Icon Net Ready to support 99% 02? Or the only way is to acquire the Black Edition? I'm currently running v4.0 and still can only manage 50%.
2. On the same line, are you guys planing to have Trimix support? For your faithful customers moving into Tec this is a real problem.

Thanks a lot!
Alejandro

(*) I know that many of the people in the forum will jump in and tell me that the investment in tec is done 100% on safety, that UI is not important for your life and so on, I GET IT. I just believe that as consumers we should be able to choose and if we have loyalty towards a specific product or way of doing things there is no need to resign for less. I'm putting this in order to avoid negative messages, which are seen a lot in the forum lately.

As far I see there is a upgrade from 4.1 and there is a mention to the 5.0 trimix support version in their web page.

we need to wait more :p. but it is one this way. :p

Trimix, 5 gases, and Buhlman 16 w/ user adjustable gradient factors would make this the perfect computer ever sold in the history of diving, IMO. My guess is the first two will be available in 5.0. But I don't think they will get away from RGBM. Would be great if we had a choice.

I would also "speculate" that they will be supporting CCR at some point in the future since Mares bought rEvo.

Very happy to hear about the possible new firmware. :) Can someone share a link?

Edit: Here's the link. Icon HD Net Ready Firmware 4.2 - News - Mares

could be great if it ends like that CuzzA, I really doubt it though.
But right now it would be great just to get a hint from Mares, as to when they expect to release the 5.0 Firmware, and what they expect it to be.
As the 4.2 update where they mentioned the roumored trimix update was about half a year ago now.

Back
Top Bottom