ICON HD Firmware and Safety stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlanH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I am a new member here, and thanks for all the info posted - its been a great help!

But I do have a couple of questions:

1. What is the latest firmware version for the Mares HD - I cant find anywhere to check it is on the right level. Current level is: 1.11

2. I have not dived with the unit yet (only purchased yesterday!) but the safety stops all seem to be shown as 3metres. I am used to diving with Suunto and doing safety stops at 5m. My training is all with Safety stops at 5m - can I still do 5m safety stops with the ICON HD and is the 3m just a ceiling?

If anyone can answer, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Alan
:)

UPDATE: Just seen in the manual that it says safety stops are betwen 2.5 and 6m - not sure how I missed that the first time I read it though!

So, just want to check that I am on the right firmware now :)

Alan,
the firmware is availabe at mares's website.
look at the bottom right of the screen where it says Product Registration
just follow the instructions there and you should be able to download version 1.12

Cheers

The safety stop recommended range is between 6m and 3m. 3 meters is the ceiling. Hope this helps.

Thanks Zak!

Can I just say I think it is brilliant that you take the time to answer things on this board. It makes me feel I made a great choice going Mares.

Thanks again.
Alan

Hey Zack,

I am curious, what is new or corrected in firmware upgrade 1.12 from 1.11? Visually I don't see any change. Thanks much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom