Icon BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alyons05

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im interested in picking up the Icon Bcd but i live in the northwest Never Lake michigan. I would be doing a lot of my diving around this area with some travel to the warmer water. I have seen this bcd and like the look, feel, and fit of this. However im not sure if this would be a good cold water bcd during my check out dives i was wearing 24 pounds of weight with a 7mm wet suit a 3mm hooded vest, 5 mm boots and 3mm gloves along with an aluminum 80 tank. I would like to be able to use this vest with a dry suit but again im not sure if this would allow me to add enough weight.

I use the icon with my drysuit and 34 lbs of weight 15 in each releasable pouch and 4 in the trim.

I thought the Icon could only hold 13 pounds per ditchable pocket and a total of 13 pounds between the two trim pockets.

I don't know what the specs say but I use (3) 5 lb soft weights in each pocket and have not had any issues. I have found that Mares products are better than what they advertise. I am the type of person that usually breaks a product by pushing it to the max and with all of my Mares gear I have not been able to do that yet.

Back
Top Bottom