Icewurst 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwimJim

Contributor
Reaction score
Icewurst 2012 is a vintage diving event that will be held at Fortune Pond, Crystal River Upper Michigan, May 18th - 20th. You need not dive vintage to attend the event. If your interested in vintage diving, that's a plus. If you would like to try a well tuned double hose regulator with some instruction on how to use it, a bigger plus. If you like to dive CLEAR FRESH water, this is for you. Were talking viz of 80 foot plus. The water will be cold, probably around 40 at depth. Top side, rumor has it, that there will be brats grilling and post dive beers. A real win, win!!! So come join us in the U P der hey one time. It will be a blast!

Jim

Swimjims preferred lodging, http://www.lakeshoremotelicelake.com/ Note, I get nothing for the recommendation, but it's inexpensive, the rooms are clean and it's run by some nice folks.

Icewurst has now come and gone. It was lightly attended, but those who made the trek had a great time. We enjoyed sunny days in the 80's with low humidity and fantastic viz. I had some minor issues with my video camera, but I got enough footage to put a little video together that captures the general feel of the event. Here it is... Icewurst 2012 - The 1st of the Wurst https://vimeo.com/43156678

Jim

Thanks for the post, SwimJim; this looks like a place I would like to try out. Where in the UP is this located? I'm from NW Ohio, so it wouldn't be that bad of a trek. Is there a fee to dive there? Any other info. would be appreciated.

Thanks for the post, SwimJim; this looks like a place I would like to try out. Where in the UP is this located? I'm from NW Ohio, so it wouldn't be that bad of a trek. Is there a fee to dive there? Any other info. would be appreciated.

Fortune Pond where this was shot is located just out side of Crystal Falls, which is about 30 miles West of Iron Mountain. More info can be found at Deep Six Scuba Dive Group Website. Look in the shore dives section of the web site.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom