ice fishing ooops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moregooder

Reaction score
I recovered a 2008 arctic cat prowler ATV that went through the ice with all hands on board (4 guys) and all their stuff, had 23 miles on it and was under water for 71 days. after the lift had to float it 2 and 1/2 miles to get it out. I have since put 130 miles on it

Attachments

• Sam.jpg
    Sam.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Sam 2.jpg
    Sam 2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Sam 3.jpg
    Sam 3.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 207
Cool, what repairs did you have to make? Obviously you knew the story - so have you told the original owners?

I couldn't make that part up it is so cool. we contracted with the owner to get it out, in the week it took to get organized he signed off with the insurance company, this happened on a federal lake, they didn't want to pay to raise it nor did they want to pay the fine, they said if you can get it up you can have it. went to a dealer in the area (was straight up with him, told him every thing) he said the company didn't need to know that lets check the service package that was purchased with it. full service till September of this year, full warranty till the end of 2010 on parts, so it cost me postage to get new speedometer head, new electronic actuator for the front differential new coal he even ran the rear end grease about 600 bucks, I ran my lawn mower all sumer long on the gas that was in the tank

I told the original owner as well as the insurance co. they had to know, as well as the feds so no one would get fined. the owner would have brought it up but he fell pray to all the old wives tails, the current took it because those big tiers don't let it sink, and my favorite... them big catfish got it.

I am waiting till summer to lift a new snow mobil out of a lake here.. its in 130 feet of water and its going ot be a multi stage lift... But its a new machine and it should be a blast getting it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom