Ice Diving in Norway/Finland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fidelinho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I'm planning to do some ice diving in Norway or Finland but not very sure where to start looking. It will be end February or March but the dates are currently open.
I've been in Norway before but not for diving.

I'm not sure if there will be many doing this kind of diving or they may be closed for winter.
Do you have any "good" recommendation?
Not too far from an airport :wink: (if possible)

thanks

Hi,
I'm planning to do some ice diving in Norway or Finland but not very sure where to start looking. It will be end February or March but the dates are currently open.
I've been in Norway before but not for diving.

I'm not sure if there will be many doing this kind of diving or they may be closed for winter.
Do you have any "good" recommendation?
Not too far from an airport :wink: (if possible)

thanks

Www.seasafety.net can help you in Finland!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can view a foreign language website through google translate.

For example, here is that last link for those whose Finnish isn't really great
Sea safety via Google-translator

There is also the Helsinki Dive Centre
http://translate.google.fi/translat...ww.sukelluskeskus.fi/yhteystiedot.htm&act=url

Last time I checked, the PADI website had a PADI centre locator that helped you find PADI scuba centres anywhere on the globe. Find a website for a scuba centre near your destination, then if the website isn't in a language you understand, use google translate.

Hello !

looots of people are ice diving here in Norway :)
Myeself, i havent tryed it yet, but realy looking forward to my first..!

afact, i have been invitet for a ice dive with my earlyer aowd instructor, soon, in Kvænangen, up north here in norway.
We have a smal airport (Nordreisa), about 1 hour from dive site, and im shure you could join! But might be to much north for you ?

:)

Old thread, but here goes:

Klaretjern in the south eastern part of Norway is a popular choice for both "regular" and ice diving, known for its (usually) incredible visibility. This winter has been very mild, so I wouldn't expect it to freeze over any time soon... unless the temperature starts dropping... Klaretjern - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom