iBubble Underwater Drone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

npole

Contributor
Reaction score
So, we talked about iBubble in the past (it's a 3 years old project..), but now it's approaching to its "release" and more videos have come out.
It looks really promising, but because it does crazy things, but because it'll be the first autonomous underwater vehicle and if proven to work it could go well behind the fun applications and selfies.
The price is a major step... I hope it will open the field to a more consumer friendly market.

iBubble camera

looks really cool! and expensive

I would love to test it out, I see that in a recent video they were here in the Canary ( knowing it before!) ...but yeah, there's no way I would afford that price if not proven to be "perfect".

I now own one of these terrific machines. I cannot seem to get a line on obtaining the Tether they make for it, so will just explore more by "Piggybacking" the Homing device to a "Chasing Dory" drone that is tethered, and have it do its thing, on a "Predive" scenario. I also have many other ideas and plans for it too, and as I learn it's capabilities will explore those as well. If any other owners out their would wish to collaborate on their uses and experiences I will do the same.

I now own one of these terrific machines. I cannot seem to get a line on obtaining the Tether they make for it, so will just explore more by "Piggybacking" the Homing device to a "Chasing Dory" drone that is tethered, and have it do its thing, on a "Predive" scenario. I also have many other ideas and plans for it too, and as I learn it's capabilities will explore those as well. If any other owners out their would wish to collaborate on their uses and experiences I will do the same.
The original Company sold out to another company and the dust has not yet settled. Due to that whole Globel Plannedemic they could not get traction, I sure hope they do now!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom