Iberostar Restaurant Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry nothing particularly current on this. Did a search, but it's all coming up outdated or not applicable.

I'm leaving Saturday for a week at the Iberostar Cozumel. I'm wondering how the meals work. We reserved under the impression it was an all-inclusive, but when I looked more carefully at the website, it says:

All meals at the buffet-style restaurant are included, as well as guaranteed reservations twice a week at one of the specialty restaurants. All snacks and drinks, including domestic and imported alcoholic beverages and selections from the minibar, are included.

That to me means that the specialty restaurants are extra. Is that correct? If so, how expensive are they? I'm not really all that worried about the cost, but if I'd known that, I might have just stayed in town instead of reserving with an AI.

Also, and more importantly, what is the dress code for the Iberostar specialty restaurants? I know over all Coz is pretty much shorts and sandals, but I want to be prepared if there is something more upscale going on at the resort.

I just don't fancy having to pay for the taxi trips because I'm tired of the buffet and they won't let me in the other restautants in my bumming around clothes.

The specialty restaurants are included at no cost you just need to make a reservation. If you miss the morning signup because you are out diving ask at the front desk for the public relations representative and they will most likely get you in. You need long pants for the Mexican restaurant, jeans work fine. Have a great time.

Awesome, thanks for the info. :)

I've found they give you 2 passes for the week. However, every day at a specified time they open all remaining spots to anyone staying at the resort on a first come, first served basis. You need to find out what time that is and then be ready to sign up for additional meals at the specialty restaurants if that's what you want.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom