I write like ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania

Diving Polymath
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
On a large pile of smokin' A'a, the most isolated
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Here's a site that analyzes your writing and compares it to many well known writers' works. Try it out.

It tells me that I write in a style similar to Robert Louis Stevenson (Pt. Lobos Story), Arthur C. Clarke (Tuna Story) or David Foster Wallace (Bull Shark Story). I come out with just RLS if I paste all three stories together and run a single analysis.

Awesome site. Apparently I write like Cory Doctorow, whoever he might be. I pride myself on the fact that I have good vobucal... vocubalor.... vucabolar.... uhm, words. I have good words.

I had problems with diction and prose in high school english composition, so my teacher told me to read a lot of books during the semester break. The following term, the instructor noticed that my style became very "dark, morbid and grotesque" . . .

(I read mostly Stephen King during that prior summer:cool2:). . .

I was hoping it would return "Hemingway," but I got David Foster Wallace and Cory Doctorow, who I am sure are fine writers. What I'm afraid of, though, is that it might mean I write like Deefstes. :joke:

Apparently I write like Cory Doctorow

I was hoping it would return "Hemingway," but I got David Foster Wallace and Cory Doctorow, who I am sure are fine writers. What I'm afraid of, though, is that it might mean I write like Deefstes. :joke:

LOL. Maybe if you had plagiarised me less often you wouldn't have been likened with Doctorow:D

hahaha, i put one of my old photography articles from a magazine in there..

You write like Dan Brown!

Off to start a best selling novel! (will obviously keep the rights to the movie as well :wink: )

LOL, i write like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle? How that could be, is a mystery to me.

I have my doubts. I input Chapter Eight of Moby Dick ... Melville writes like James Fenimore Cooper, but when I input Chapter Twenty ... that's Arthur C. Clarke.

H.P. Lovecraft using the first two paragraphs from my failure of the buddy system presentation!

David Foster Wallace using an excerpt from my who is responsible post here.

Hmmmph ... told me I write like a little girl ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom