I Won a Blue Ribbon ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Footslogger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Could have fooled me ....

I just found out this morning that a photo I took in Belize this past March won first place (and $100) in a photo contest. To make things even better, I wasn't even the one who enterred the photo.

When I got home I e-mailed one of my better shots to my father-n-law, who is an avid land photographer. He like it so much that he made a print on his own and had it framed and then enterred it (in my name) in a contest where he was placing some other shots.

He just called last night with the results. In his words ..."I know a good picture when I see one". He said that the only thing it's going to cost me is an autograph on the framed picture along with a complete description of the fish and the photo parameters.

Pretty cool ...eh ?? And, it was only a common Squirrel Fish (but it was a pretty good shot, if I have to say so myself. I'm not quitting my day job just yet though !!

'Slogger

Footslogger:

I just found out this morning that a photo I took in Belize this past March won first place (and $100) in a photo contest. To make things even better, I wasn't even the one who enterred the photo.

When I got home I e-mailed one of my better shots to my father-n-law, who is an avid land photographer. He like it so much that he made a print on his own and had it framed and then enterred it (in my name) in a contest where he was placing some other shots.

He just called last night with the results. In his words ..."I know a good picture when I see one". He said that the only thing it's going to cost me is an autograph on the framed picture along with a complete description of the fish and the photo parameters.

Pretty cool ...eh ?? And, it was only a common Squirrel Fish (but it was a pretty good shot, if I have to say so myself. I'm not quitting my day job just yet though !!

'Slogger

Congratulations.................. :D!!

So how about you show us the picture :wink:.

Jamdiver:
Congratulations.................. :D!!

So how about you show us the picture :wink:.
=================================
Thanks.

Don't have it here at work but I'll try and remember to post it later. Not really much into uploading pics to on-line sites ...or tooting my own horn actually, for that matter. This was just one of those funny things that happen that almost seem too good to be true.

'Slogger

Congratulations! So....do you have to split the loot with him?!?! :D

Bravo! Post, please.

Well ...I have to dowsize the photo first. What is the max size file (dimensions) I can upload here ?? Current file size is 3200 x 2400.

Oh ...and I don't have to split the $100 with the father-n-law. All he wants is my signature on the framed print and some identification on the fish.

'Slogger

Footslogger:

'Slogger
Congratulations. It's always great when you're recognized for your work. Even better when it's unexpected.

kapula:
just add it to your photogallery and give us a link here. Some 1024*768 would do great. It ain't good enough for someone to leech your picture but it is good enough so that we can admire it in "full" detail
==============================
OK ...thanks. Don't have a "gallery" here yet. As I said earlier, I rarely upload photos to websites. I'll downsize it tonight (time permitting) and do the upload.

Still amazed that it took first place, given that it is a really common fish. Heck, my father-n-law even misnamed it and called it a Cardinal Fish. Guess the audience wasn't all that u/w savvy and judged it from a purely technical standpoint. Either way ...after 25 some odd years of taking u/w shots this is the first time any of my work has been in a contest.

Tempting as it may be to print/frame more of my stuff and hang it in a gallery ...I'm still not quitting my day job yet.

'Slogger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom