I will be in Key Largo Sep 20 to 28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mortis65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be visiting FL for the first time, and I am currently signed up to do a bunch of boat dives with Rainbow Reef. My wife does not dive, and as a result I'm needing to go with guided dives, or meeting up with locals on the weekend.

Are there any groups getting together in this time window that can accept a +1? I am AOW with 50 dives, about 20 of which are shore dives.

Are there any dives that I 'must do' while I am there with the dive boat?

I'm open to recommendations for shopping and restaurants too.

I'm looking forward to enjoying your slice of paradise. :D

Hi there!
I'm the office manager at Rainbow. We'll be excited to see you on your trip! All of our dives are guided, so you will be able to relax and enjoy yourself. Is your wife interested in snorkeling/bubble watching at all? Let us know and we can accommodate that. Lots of great restaurants in town; when you get here ask me and I'll lead you in the right direction and see if I have some discounts for you as well.

Suzette @ Rainbow Reef

PS, if you want to get excited before the trip, check out our Facebook page! it's under rainbow.reef.dive.center

Must do the Siegel Grove, Duane & Bibb of course!

Say hello to Jose for me if you see him.

Restaurants - get the 10% discount cards, theres loads flying around. I like Conch House, Mrs Macs, Señor Frijoles, Puerto Vallarta, Pilot House....

They are all pretty much the same, except Conch House IMO. You can have either fish of the day which is always Mahi-Mahi (fried, sautéed or blackened with fries or slaw) :D or something mexican. Or we have 2 x sushi bars.

best bet is to drink plenty first, then it all tastes better LOL

I will be visiting FL for the first time, and I am currently signed up to do a bunch of boat dives with Rainbow Reef. My wife does not dive, and as a result I'm needing to go with guided dives, or meeting up with locals on the weekend.

Are there any groups getting together in this time window that can accept a +1? I am AOW with 50 dives, about 20 of which are shore dives.

Are there any dives that I 'must do' while I am there with the dive boat?

I'm open to recommendations for shopping and restaurants too.

I'm looking forward to enjoying your slice of paradise. :D
Ho Mort****,
Skipping down a bit brother...
Snapper Ledge. Billions and billions (to paraphrase Sagan) of fish. Max depth ~20'. (Your wife could have a blast snorkeling and watching you and the fish.) What Chris/Silent World said about restaurants is good stuff. (Wish he'd expand on the sushi bars comment though) Like shallow wrecks? - the Benwood - 40' max and, again, billions and billions of fish. For deeper wrecks the Spiegel Grove is good but can be a bit breezy. Other shallow reefs - French is my first choice and Molasses is, of course, the Key Largo signature one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom