I want to take a vacation!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here I sit, sick of work.

I am considering taking a vacation down to Key Largo in February/March...I need it! I want to take my girlfriend with me (a non-diver), but want to do a fair amount of diving. She is content to lay out on the beach/by the pool in her bikini :)) mmmm...cute girlfriend in bikini) all day long, so me being out diving a few days isn't a big deal. She'd also probably be perfectly happy to come out on a dive boat and hang out while I'm underwater...tons of possibilities.

I'm just looking for suggestions on what to do given this scenario. I'm thinking a week or 10 days of vacation time, flying out of Boston. I'd like to do some diving, but also spend a few days just enjoying my time there. I'm also not looking to spend a fortune...just some good chill time.

I know this is quite vague, but I have a feeling my situation is not unique.

Tanks in advance!

Key Largo is not known for its beaches, but the Lauderdale/Pompano (L/P) area is.

In the past, I have stayed in Lauderdale for most of my diving, and made the drive to Largo for a few dives.

This summer I spent a whole week in each location. That experience was fun as well, but I still lean toward L/P. I like the wrecks in both locations, but L/P has great drift dives, real beaches, and much, much more in the way of nightlife.

We travel to Florida at least once a year and have gone back to Lauderdale three times and have always had a good time. There are quite a few shore dives (Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is good for at least an hour, and one or two dives), there are lovely sand beaches, some good and reasonably priced restaurants, and you can always make a trip down to the Keys ... Marathon & Capt. Banny would be a good one.

We'll be back in Florida in the spring, and I'm sure Lauderdale will be on the agenda.

Margaret
Counting down to trip to Saba: 5 days!!

Back
Top Bottom