I want to become instructor............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technicalbeast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello everybody ......iam faisal from pakistan....ihave done my open water diver course and now i want to become scuba instructor.....what do i have to do......and how many dives i have to log to become scuba instructor........

I would suggest having a talk to an instructor face to face.

There are many threads covering this subject in Going Pro

Good luck

if taking the PADI route, you will need to proceed with Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver and Divemaster. You will need 25 dives to start Rescue Diver, and you will need 60 dives by the time you complete Divemaster.

That's as far as I got with the PADI Pro program, so I won't comment on Instructor requirements.

+1 on talking to an instructor, it's not just about the requirements, it's a substantial commitment and you may want to get some personal perspectives.

Yes, talk to an instructor. Minimum dives are the least worry. If you want to teach, you will want a sufficient experience base and, between that and all the training you will have to do, minimum dives will come. I also encourage you to do your training with some different instructors -- it will help you decide who you want to continue training with. At the basic level it may not matter much because the learning curve is steep for everyone. As you progress, the expertise gap narrows and you want to make sure you are working with someone you really respect and can develop a mentor-mentee relationship.

Congratulations on the OW cert and good luck moving ahead.

Last edited:
Dive Dive Dive - it is obvious you have the bug.

Once someone gets certified and with just 4 training dives they start thinking of being an instructor - its a sign that they have the bug.

For now enjoying diving - progress with the conditions you have to dive with. Don't go with the minimum number of dives required.

FYI - next step, Advanced open water, Rescue, Dive Master, Instructor. I think the minimum dives required is a 100, but I would recommend 500.

THANKS everyone for advise ........

---------- Post Merged at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:04 PM ----------
which country is the budget country for padi scuba diving courses........and to become pro.....

I don´t know which agency gave you your C-Card. You can see, for example the SSI Training and Dealer standards 2012 to see the whole path from Open Water to Instructor Trainer.
You can see the career path here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom