i wanna dive! dive! dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mazziekhan

Registered
Reaction score
hey ladies and gents,

im an ow diver got my cert about a year ago and now i have all my gear to start diving..i dont have much buddies though, esp ones as excited about diving as i am...i noticed you guys get together for dives and i was wondering if i could join in? i live in the vancouver area and have my own transp so car pooling is cool too!

how deep do you guys generally dive? do you do any decompression diving? these are probably important for me as i want to be able to keep up but also stay within my training and exp...

other then that i would love to dive with some pple that have exp under there belt so i can learn more skills, discover new places and just do what i love doing when i have free time!

im open to pretty much diving anywhere as long as its within my limits...

thanks and hope to meet you all soon.

mazzie

Welcome, most of us are just basic recreational divers. You are more then welcome to join any posted dive. Keep your eye on the board and hope to meet you next time I'm out for a dive.

Cheers
Ron L.

Welcome to the board Mazzie.
As Ron said, just jump into any old thread. We are a (mostly) harmless bunch... though Marty has made me raise my eyebrows once or twice :eyebrow:

I remember well the early days of chomping at the bit to dive but not having any buddies to go with. Many of my first dives were part of courses as it was the only way to get out. I've met a lot of good buddies here on the board though. I also belong to the Langley and Chilliwack dive clubs (not sure where you are) and that can be another good avenue for meeting other divers.

Hi Mazzie, yes welcome to the board and yes you are welcome to join us diving. (I know, I know, I have not been out with you lot in a while, been working on tech courses)

Another suggestion if you are not able to get together with the guys here is to hook up with a shop dive.

The Edge in North Van has a shop dive Sunday, meet 9 AM at the shop
Ocean Quest in Burnaby has their dive Saturday at 10 AM again meet at the shop

But as mentioned hook up with the guys here as they are a good bunch of guys that like to have fun. Oh, and watch out for Andrew and his camera. He will take pictures of you when you least expect it :wink:.

FYI, Ocean Quest now does there Saturday dive at 9AM. Based on their web site I headed over there at 10AM a few weeks ago and everyone was already gone, the gal in the shop told me they changed the time to 9AM.

FYI, Ocean Quest now does there Saturday dive at 9AM. Based on their web site I headed over there at 10AM a few weeks ago and everyone was already gone, the gal in the shop told me they changed the time to 9AM.

Good to know thanks

Hi there,

I am coming to Vancouver this week and interested in doing some diving. I am available any time.

Donna

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom