i-Torch Pro5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I-Torch

Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I would toss up a post about one of our recent lights that has been very popular for the GoPro and compact camera crowd. The Pro5 comes in at 1600 lumen is packaged with rechargeable batteries (2 sets), charger, and YS mount as a complete kit. The even better part? All of that for only $399 MSRP i-Torch Video Pro5

[h=1]i-Torch Video Pro5[/h]The Video Pro5 brings the lumen dollar ratio to a whole new level. Pushing out a massive 1600 lumens this light will surely light the way for all your video and focus light needs. 110 degree smooth even beam means there won't be any hotspots showing up in your images! A simple twist on, and off keeps this light easy to operate no matter what the situation. A durable Polycarbonate body helps keep the costs down and strength up, anodized aluminum head helps dissipate the heat. Double O-ring sealed to make sure the water stays out! We package the light with 2 sets of rechargeable lithium batteries so you can always have a spare battery ready to roll (Charger also included). You will find a YS Mount in the box too, so this is a complete package. You won't have to buy a mount for our light compared to some of the others on the market!

img_0187.jpg
img_0188.jpg

img_0189.jpg

Specifications:
Switch: Bezel Twist (Turns on by twisting the head down)

O-ring: Double O-ring
Battery: 2 x 18650 rechargeable lithium (included)
Burn time: 1Hr @ 100%
Lumen: 1600 Lumens
Beam angle: 110 degrees

Mode: 2 Modes (100%, 50%) (To switch modes simply turn off for 1 second, then turn back on, if off for longer then 1 second will start at 100% again)

Included in Box: Video Pro5, YS Mount, lanyard, 4 x NCR-18650 Li-ion MH12210 batteries, and dual channel battery charger (AC 110-240 Volt)

Leaning towards this light as-well for a GoPro Black setup.

I'm getting kinda lost with all the different choices, but this fits my budget and seems like it'll do the trick as a video light.

What about performance as a dive light? Mostly (other than video), I'll be using it for night dives.

The Pro5 works great as a dive light. It is still compact and you can easily clip it off on your BCD. The one thing to keep in mind is that because it does have a very wide even beam, if you are diving in water that has a lot of particulate or is poor viz you will suffer a fair bit of blow back. Sort of like turning your high beams on in fog. If you are diving in primarily decent viz water you will absolutely love it.

Cheers,
Doug

Did the new iTorch get rid of the twist on/off? I flooded mine and now need a new one... but i won't be buying another twisty. The light itself was great!

Did the new iTorch get rid of the twist on/off? I flooded mine and now need a new one... but i won't be buying another twisty. The light itself was great!

We have push button, and twist available. Get your dealer to get in touch with us, we'll try our best to look after you on your next light!

Have a great weekend,
Doug

Hi,

I was actually out diving between the 5-12 so sorry for the delay in responding. I was on a liveaboard and we did two night dives, for which I used the i-torch. As mentioned, its different than everyone else's because its a really wide beam. Someone came up to me after and said "we always know where you are!" I think it has its pluses and minus, a more narrow beam helps you focus in on a subject. But this one is very bright. Be careful not to shine it at anyone directly. AS mentioned too, if there are things in the water floating by, the wide bright light gives it a 'foggy' look. But overall, its fine, no complaints. I would love to try it somewhere with better vis. Hopefully soon!

One general comment on the light is that I feel it gives a redish/purplish tint, especially when something swims up real close as its going by. Its a bright and hard to get at the right distance where its giving you proper illumination, not too bright, not too weak. But I am still learning.

I would love the push button option too!! But I am not going to flood mine so I can get one haha. If the screw for the YS mount (which is great, bc that's the mount I have right now, haha) could be lengthened a bit, or else somehow modified to be easier to use, that would be nice too.

Cheers
DB

edit: I realize the mount comment was just me. At first I thought I wasn't getting it all the way tight bc I could still move the light up and down. I couldn't screw it any tighter and it still moved. Then I finally realized it should be that way. I still find it hard to turn however, for example when I want to open it and take it out. Another thing is that when I was using it underwater, when I tried to turn it off, many times, the whole light would just spin in the mount instead of just the top portion. Having a push button would eliminate this, but so would being able to tighten the screw just a little more.

Cheers!

So here is a short video from a night dive with the I-Torch pro5. You can see how wide it is and compare to another person's torch and then there is one short part where it gets "foggy"

Just a short clip from the gopro, it was taken with camera raw and I didn't edit it at all, its straight from the camera, so forgive the "rawness" of it. Just wanted you to see the lighting.

Back
Top Bottom