i Torch Carbonic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubafoon

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

The carbonic looks interesting to me but I can't find much info/reviews on the internet? When did this model come out?

Also, I saw in my local dive shops (Hong Kong) that there is a model called Advance T but I can't find any info about it on your website, is it a very new model?

Thanks.

Over here in Japan it's been out for about 4 months. With a beam angle of 100degrees wouldn't be of much use other than a video light.

Thanks, do u think it is good enough to use as a torch for night dive? I know it is more suitable for video and not a "pure" dive light but wanna know if it is sufficient for a secondary purpose. Thanks.

Scubafoon,

The Carbonic has been out since DEMA (November) It packs a lot of light in a very small package. To claim it wouldn't be much use other than a video light isn't really true. It does have a wide beam suited to more video and photo applications, but in clear water the light will work VERY well as a primary dive light for the average diver. The only time that it would be not as ideal would be if you’re diving in water that has poor visibility or a lot of particulate because you will get a lot of back scatter. Sort of like driving with your high beams on in fog. Either way it will be more than sufficient for a secondary.

The Advance T is a brand new light that would be why you haven't seen it yet on our website. We hope to get it up in the next few days. It is a 300 lumen light running on 3xAA batteries with roughly a 20 degree beam. It would work will for use in clear or poor visibility conditions.

Thank you for your interest in the i-Torch brand!

Doug

Thanks, do u think it is good enough to use as a torch for night dive? I know it is more suitable for video and not a "pure" dive light but wanna know if it is sufficient for a secondary purpose. Thanks.

in crystal clear water it would work I guess, but IMO I still think its too wide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom