I think I deserve a pat on my back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Wednesday evening there were five new people starting their OW classes and as I stated a few days back I was invited by the IDC Staff Instructor who's conducting the course to attend as a silent assistant.

So I duly showed up for the theory session and then went in the water for Module 1.

During the theory session I sensed some kind of tension on the part of the instructor when I ventured a couple of personal comments, which didn't contradict what he said, just an add-on, but I suppose we just need to know each other better.

As I had been told I should, at least for the first time, just hang around and see how things work with him, I tried to keep on the side, ready to lend a hand should the need arise.

But as the class is sligthly more numerous than would be comfortable for just one person, after the first demonstration I was asked to repeat the exercises with two of the pupils while he took care of the other three.

All in all it went much better than I had thought, although I must admit that these newbies look better than some I have encountered so far.

PAT, PAT, PAT!

Great job!

A quick piece of advice from personal experience, if asked to be a silent assistant keep your comments to yourself unless prompted.

Glad to hear things went well!
Ber :bunny:

Pretty boastful of you ain't it?

:wink:

Ontario Diver once bubbled...

Yeah well, aren't we all

Sometimes, I guess so. However, it was more of an insde joke from another thread. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom