I stumbled across this while browsing the internet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mighty short list. In fact there isn't a name on it.

I know testing conditions were different and that based on the list price quoted - this is old....but still....any comment from Zeagle about the Navy's assertation that that the Zeagle bladder provided 30 lbs of lift as opposed to the advertised 44?

I have all zeagle equipment and this isnt a challenge - but Im considering going to doubles and might either sell my Ranger LTD and get a tech - or - upgrade my bladder to a larger one. I thought the 44lbs would have been borderline, but 30 isnt even close.

I don't recall every actually seeing that....and it certainly wasn't mentioned when we met with the guys from the Navy last year (nor can I recall it being mentioned in previous years) - but it is incorrect either way. The 44 lb Ranger style bladder has at LEAST 44lbs of lift...and actually, I believe that it has a little more.

Thanks,

Scott

I would have to agree with Scott . My 44 lb bladder has at least that much lift . If it only had 30 lbs of lift I would probably still be on the ocean floor . This navy report leaves me baffled .

Our tax dollars at work!

I know testing conditions were different and that based on the list price quoted - this is old....but still....any comment from Zeagle about the Navy's assertation that that the Zeagle bladder provided 30 lbs of lift as opposed to the advertised 44?

I have all zeagle equipment and this isnt a challenge - but Im considering going to doubles and might either sell my Ranger LTD and get a tech - or - upgrade my bladder to a larger one. I thought the 44lbs would have been borderline, but 30 isnt even close.

That lift was measured at 190 ft which is quite deep. Could it be that at that depth you cannot inflate the wing to full volume?

Adam

Why wouldn't you be able to inflate it to full volume? My wings better inflate to full volume at 190 feet or 290 feet, or 390 feet.

That lift was measured at 190 ft which is quite deep. Could it be that at that depth you cannot inflate the wing to full volume?

Adam

Really, why not. What's your thinking here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom