I saw a fish today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrackaFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I saw a fish today. Normally that would be a pretty mundane statement. After all, I see fish everywhere. When I go to a seafood restaurant, look at a friend’s aquarium or pickup that wonderful Dr. Seuss book, by the way Blue Fish rocks. No, the big difference today was that I saw this fish.......Underwater! Yes, after sitting on the beach for over 60 days, I went for a dive today and it was very yin and yang.
On one hand I still remember how to dive. On the other hand my SAC rate, weelll let’s just say I am still an air hog.
On one hand I must have lost some weight as my straps on my backplate were loose. On the other hand my weight was off as I was too heavy.
On one hand the visibility was crap due to recent rains. On the other hand crap visibility here is still 45 feet.
One one hand the Lionfish were many and bigger than I last remember. On the other hand they were still fish and I loved seeing them.

upload_2020-6-7_20-13-30.jpeg

Today I saw a fish.....Underwater......and it was a good day

I saw a fish today. Normally that would be a pretty mundane statement. After all, I see fish everywhere. When I go to a seafood restaurant, look at a friend’s aquarium or pickup that wonderful Dr. Seuss book, by the way Blue Fish rocks. No, the big difference today was that I saw this fish.......Underwater! Yes, after sitting on the beach for over 60 days, I went for a dive today and it was very yin and yang.
On one hand I still remember how to dive. On the other hand my SAC rate, weelll let’s just say I am still an air hog.
On one hand I must have lost some weight as my straps on my backplate were loose. On the other hand my weight was off as I was too heavy.
On one hand the visibility was crap due to recent rains. On the other hand crap visibility here is still 45 feet.
One one hand the Lionfish were many and bigger than I last remember. On the other hand they were still fish and I loved seeing them.

View attachment 590739

And how much time did you NOT spend thinking about the VIRUS the whole time you were underwater??
Good for you!!
I had my concerns over the lionfish with the lack of culling...OUCH
Thanks for sharing the re entry!!

Congratulations! Glad to here the underwater world still exists. We're still two weeks away on the big island. Not so happy to hear about the lionfish, but I guess that was to be expected. The reef offshore from our place that we snorkel to was showing a huge increase in juvenile fish, so we were hoping that was a good sign - maybe the lionfish were social distancing or something.

Ceviche. Eat those fckers.

View attachment 590739

Must resist the urge to quote Python!

How many hands do you have??? :D

We aren't supposed to judge people these days, even if they look like a human General Grievous.

Well I guess I could be related to Durga

Ceviche. Eat those fckers.

LOL The Cayman Islands is pretty strict about who can spear what. So basically unless your have a licensed pole, you just report what you saw to a diveshop.

Must resist the urge to quote Python!

Aw just go ahead and unleash yourself and do your worst. Wait that was the Red Stripe talking. Actually I still live in a FORTRAN world.

Well I guess I could be related to Durga

LOL The Cayman Islands is pretty strict about who can spear what. So basically unless your have a licensed pole, you just report what you saw to a diveshop.

Aw just go ahead and unleash yourself and do your worst. Wait that was the Red Stripe talking. Actually I still live in a FORTRAN world.

Man: I wonder where that fish has gone.

Woman: You did love it so.
You looked after it like a son.

Man: [strangely] And it went wherever I did go.

Woman: Is it in the cupboard?

Woman: Wouldn't you like to know.
It was a lovely little fish.

Man: [strangely] And it went wherever I did go.

Woman: Where can the fish be?

Man in audience: Have you thought of the drawers in the bureau?

Woman: It is a most elusive fish.

Man: [strangely] And it went wherever I did go!

Woman: Oh fishy, fishy, fishy, fish.

Man: Fish, fish, fish, fishy oh!

Woman: Oh fishy, fishy, fishy fish.

Man: That went wherever I did go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom