I received my PLB canister today from Custom Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I previously purchased a PLB canister from Australia (HDVSeatek Scuba Diver PLB Small Canister) and while it was the best available at the time, it was far from perfect and had some negative reviews.

I ordered PLB canister from Custom Divers (www.customdivers.com) and couldn't be happier. Not only was it slightly less expensive, but the Custom Divers PLB canister is milled from a solid block of Deralin with double O-rings for sealing. Photo 3.jpg Photo 2.jpg Photo 1.jpg

It really is a thing of beauty

Yep, quite the item. I was able to get one from the used market here on SB. I don't have the pouch though. It looks handy.

Is this a lanyard hole???

upload_2021-5-17_11-50-32.png

Is there one at the other end too? One of the things that annoyed me most about the HDVSeatek is you ended up with 3 separate pieces to keep track of plus the PLB when you open it. There is a lanyard padeye on half the housing but not the other. It also requires fairly large hands to open it. In practice, it would probably be a one-use housing unless you were very careful and had an attentive buddy to keep from losing parts.

Is this a lanyard hole???

Is there one at the other end too? One of the things that annoyed me most about the HDVSeatek is you ended up with 3 separate pieces to keep track of plus the PLB when you open it. There is a lanyard padeye on half the housing but not the other. It also requires fairly large hands to open it. In practice, it would probably be a one-use housing unless you were very careful and had an attentive buddy to keep from losing parts.

Yes (lanyard hole), and no (second one)...

I could pretty easily put a lanyard (bungie comes to mind) through it, and clamp it to the lower section to keep it together when opening...

I could pretty easily put a lanyard (bungie comes to mind) through it, and clamp it to the lower section to keep it together when opening...

Good point. It is really difficult to use a hose clamp on the HDVSeatek because of the aggressive taper/draft angle.

I have advanced training in loosing/dropping stuff...

No training was necessary for me. I was born with that talent and am getting even more proficient with age.

Back
Top Bottom