I need your opinions on this Parkway wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello...
I am not an experienced diver because I live in Wisconsin...althought I wish I was! My friend gave me a 5 pc scuba wetsuit and I'm trying to figure out if it is vintage or not. I have searched the internet and cannot find anything like this...
Please give me your thoughts, opinions...and what it's worth...
Thank you!
~Jamie
October November 2011 055.jpgOctober November 2011 056.jpgOctober November 2011 057.jpgOctober November 2011 058.jpgOctober November 2011 059.jpg

I worked @ Parkway in South Amboy, NJ in 1976. This appears to be a vintage wetsuit.
These suits were made from Rubatex rubber in both G-231 and 1600 versions. The G version
was the best nitrogen blown rubber available at the time the 1600 was chem blown.

I think you have a late 70's or early 80's version wetsuit. If properly stored and little used it
may still have some decent insulating quality. I do not think it has a lot of $ value.

Semi-vintage. Not too much interest for it in the true vintage community, i.e., pre-1975. Depending on size, value is poor; large or more has some, medium little, small- use it for padding when moving furniture.

I worked @ Parkway in South Amboy, NJ in 1976. This appears to be a vintage wetsuit.
These suits were made from Rubatex rubber in both G-231 and 1600 versions. The G version
was the best nitrogen blown rubber available at the time the 1600 was chem blown.

I think you have a late 70's or early 80's version wetsuit. If properly stored and little used it
may still have some decent insulating quality. I do not think it has a lot of $ value.
I agree with the age of the suit.Probably has no stretch to it and can be very difficult to get into.Has next to $0. value.If it is a large you would be lucky to get into it if you are even a medium..Wetsuits have a limited lifespan depenent on use/type of neoprene used in construction/storage care..This one probably even has a metal zipper...Buy new and use this one for padding or something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom