I need your eyeball

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm using a laptop LCD for my editing these days and I sent some pics to Wally-World for printing. The pics came back a noticeable amount darker than I saw on my screen. I wondered if I had been posting dark pics as well. Please tell me about the brightness of the two shots below on your monitor. Thanks in advance.

Picture one:

P3149046-1.jpg

Picture two:

20090314-P3149046.jpg

Picture one looks snowy, you know kind of cloudy compared to picture 2. Picture 2 is darker but I think it is nicer than picture 1.

I don't know but maybe the difference in size makes me think pic 2 is better (smaller size - less pixelated) but I like pic 2 better and it is quite a bit darker than 1.

Those pics are fine, thats a nice star fish pic there.......................

Just kidding, I think luckydays is dead on,,, pic 2 looks alot nicer to me

anything blown out in number one?

anything too dark to see in number two?

would something in-between be better?

Last edited:
You have more contrast in the second one which is why I like it. I know nothing about editing or photo's though.

Pic 2 is crisper and has more contrast so it is a better shot according to my eye. Pic 1 just looks washed out. I think the "tentacles" on the jelly are more defined in Pic 2. The body of the jelly is fuzzy on both in my opinion but since this is the closest I have been to a jelly (and the closest I want to be), it may be perfect.

A better pic would be Hugh Jackman (my opinion maybe not yours :) ) in the center of the pic in board shorts but you jelly fish looks nice also, better in pic two than pic one though.

...has more contrast. Better, IMO

Ditto.

There is more definition because of the contrast, so the object of the photo does not get lost or blend into the background.....in my non-knowing opinion.

Picture 1 is around a stop overexposed, maybe 1.5

Picture 2 is spot on to maybe 0.3 of a stop underexposed.

This depends on which monitor I look at it with as well: my laptop is a stop or so less bright than my secondary lcd screen. Laptop LCD's certainly seem to dim over time.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Back
Top Bottom