I need some help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hurtokn

Reaction score
Hello! I am very pleased and impressed to be apart of this community. I have learned a lot already.

I have an odd question, the quirkier and more inventive the better! I work for a scuba diving company and we want to send out a novelty item to our current clients. Do you have any suggestions? (Within a small budget)

My two favorite trickets from Seascape were a pencil with the eraser end shaped like a dolphin or a palm tree from Casa Iguana and the yellow fin from Mares that I attached to my key ring.

My wife/dive buddy has done a scuba Christmas tree a couple of times. How about Christmas tree orniments around Christmas time? Something like Santa in dive gear....with your brand name on it. There are some avalible in specialty Christmas shops.

Or how about small scuba slates with your company name/logo on them. Small slates are always nice to have and it would keep you name in frount of them.

welcome to the board and since you are in the mood to give scuba goodies away, then look no further I am the man who will take them....ummm...ummm got it! Dive rite Bc and a couple of steel 95's, that good??:D

Ok, all kidding aside...I think scuba keychains are a great inexpensive gift, that tells the world your a diver or a wannabe and is a good conversation piece. Maybe you could put the name of the shop on it?:)
If thats not "quirkier enough maybe a keychain with a couple of scuba divers doing the nasty. You think??:rolleyes:

If you are giving stuff to a smaller group of customers, I have seen some nice beach towels with print on them. The bucket hats with embroidery has gone over well. A white board with your comapny name & e-address for shops to hang up with the weekly dive trip written on it makes a point. Bottle openers can have a logo. One of those key-cases that goes around your neck to keep important stuff dry. Hey! Do they print on dry bags? Any empty case (ie for a sav-a-dive kit.) Paper weights, mouse pads, those wetsuit-hangers could have a nice sticker put on....

One of the most useful I ever saw...and didn't get!....was a keyring that was a multi-wrench sort of thing. It was about 1/4" wide to avoid marring the hose connectors, with 2-3 sizes of open end wrenches. I've wished for one of those several times.

What about swimming towels? You know those super absorbant cloths. I use one anytime I am around water. No need for bulky or wet towels.

Most divers like to have a signal whistle on their bcd, like the "Fox 40": small, plastic, no moving parts to rust or break. (And they WORK!)

Make them very bright neon colours with your logo or name on them & I think you'll have a hit.

~SubMariner~

Originally posted by SubMariner
Most divers like to have a signal whistle on their bcd, like the "Fox 40": small, plastic, no moving parts to rust or break. (And they WORK!)

Make them very bright neon colours with your logo or name on them & I think you'll have a hit.

~SubMariner~

That's a good one, ~Sub~ :thumb:

I think the whistle's a great idea! Distributing novelty items is a great promotion, but I've always felt they're most effective when the item is actually useful, rather than just an interesting piece of plastic crap.

Since you'll be sending the item to dive clients, any of the following might be good choices:
  • signal whistle or mirror
  • 2nd stage octopus keeper
  • glow stick & holder
  • writing slate (which should be inexpensive in bulk)
  • any sort of connector/clip/accessory holder
These all have the advantage of getting clients who use them to wear something with your logo on their gear, increasing the odds that somone else will see it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom