@$#%&%@ I Need Pager training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’m in bed dreaming of Sugar Plums :sleeping_ and what ever goes with them when at 0315 hours that #$@#% little box goes off with its obnoxious beeping.

I know it’s snowing hard so not to waste time I jump up throw in the tooth brush while I get into some sweats. I grab the pager, cell phone, radio, keys, gun and head out the door.

In the car I start it, turn on the radio and light bar. Then and only then do I bother to read the frickin thing. Two little words grace the screen. Two little words that make me glad I don’t live in a housing tract that would have half the neighborhood looking at me. Those two little words to make me feel like the village idiot, which I was.

I’m sure by now you have figured out what it said but incase you haven’t here are those two little words. “LOW BATTERY!”

Shut everything down, sneak back into the house, put everything away, put wood in the stove and get back into bed. So if anyone is looking for a Village Idiot I’m available.

READ THE PAGER FIRST!!!!!

Gary Village Idiot D. :wacko:

Gary: Thanks for the laugh!

Had to cancel diving today due to the weather (iced over roads), so at least this made me smile... And I'm laughing with you, really :D

Bjorn

Today's forcast is more snow, freezing wind, chop and waves in the lake and we're going diving, so please get fresh batteries. :wink:

Gary,

I feel your pain.

About 25 years ago I had a pager start making a loud fuss . It was about 1:00 AM when it woke me up and I was pretty groggy and had trouble figuring out what was happening. I had never heard it make that noise before but that old Motorola pager put out a lot of different sounding tones. Finally figured out it wasn't my pager raising hell but my smoke alarm. I did not even remember I had a smoke alarm but when I noticed a red glow and a lot of smoke I realized my house was on fire. That will wake you up pretty quick.

Now whenever my pager goes off I still have an urge to bail out of the nearest window.

Those two little words to make me feel like the village idiot, which I was.

Although I'm sure it won't make you feel any better, I'm sure there are many of us that would agree that they would rather know that you didn't waste a precious second in responding even though it made you feel like an idiot.

Thanks for being there, even when you're not needed.

(Thanks for the laugh too!)

HUMMMMMMMMMM snow? need to go to wal-mart for bread, milk, and batteries. It must be a PD thing. FD knows a little better.

LOL

Good laugh

Jim

:rofl3:

That's better than the guy I was working with at Cal Poly that jumped into the pool with his pager clipped to his swim trunks!

:rofl3:

Oh, wait! I remember back when I worked for a small diving outfit that would get calls for ship husbandry and other dive jobs at all kinds of wierd hours.

My wife had just given me a small decrative tin dish to put my keys and stuff in to keep them off of the top of the $900 rose wood dresser. Cell phones where just becoming useful in size and reliability so pagers where still in use.

One eving before bed there was this buzzing sound in the bedroom. It sounded like a large beetle was flying aginst the window. So I went to look out the window and I couldn't see anything inside, outside or around the window. I figured it was just some bug.

Next morning we heard the same thing so I was thinking there was something up under the planter box shelf under the bedroom window. Going outside I still couldn't find anything.

This went on for about a week.

I don't know what prompted me to check, but it turned out to be my pager, sitting in the tin dish, set on vibrate.

"LOW BATTERY" strikes again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom