I need help figuring out some details.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanicRocks

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my own gear. decided to go with oceanic. for the longest time I was looking at the geo wrist computer. but since it is not AI i WILL need to pick up some gages so I figure that I go with all oceanic products. does anyone know How I canmount thier compass directly to thier SWIV unit? I want an SPG and a compass and thats it... No need for the depth guage. I lik how you can mount it on he back... However, if its on th back than the top fron of the unit will have nothing. So, this is the reason that you can swivel the position and turn the top so that both the compass and the SPG facethe same direction. Only one prob. when you do this the compass is no longer in a good position on the guage and what was the frontis now the back abd its empty. I hope you still follow this. so, what is the best way I canget the compass and SPG on the same guage and still look like they belong togther without having to gt the depth gage. thanks

Are you wanting to skip the depth gauge because of price... or simply to streamline? Just thinking that for redundancy's sake it's a good idea to have a depth gauge.

Anyway... Hmmmm....
Having owned lots of Oceanic equip, I don't think it's possible to do what you want, without having an empty hole in the console... but I could be wrong.

However, another possible solution is to purchase a SPG only (slimline or something like that) & get a retractable clip-on compass.

Are you wanting to skip the depth gauge because of price... or simply to streamline? Just thinking that for redundancy's sake it's a good idea to have a depth gauge.

Anyway... Hmmmm....
Having owned lots of Oceanic equip, I don't think it's possible to do what you want, without having an empty hole in the console... but I could be wrong.

However, another possible solution is to purchase a SPG only (slimline or something like that) & get a retractable clip-on compass.

I was afraid ha you would say that... I did not think there i a possability to do this. Yah its thatI want to be more streamlined. Its really no big deal and redundancy might actually be a good thing.

Now I a torn between the Veo 250 on the console or the Geo watch... the thing is that I got a great price on the geo and the geo does more than the veo 250 like user settings ect. thats wha started this whole thread... I do like the veo 250's graphics of thetissue loading, oxigen, and po2 which is the only thing that thegeo is lacking. ayway you obviously love oceanic... would you recomend these products to me? thanks

If you are buying a wrist computer I'd recommend then also buying a compass in a wrist mount and clip an spg off. Why? Because when navigating most of the time you will need to keep track of depth as well. I don't care for the swiv. The old navcon boot that had the compass and depth guage on the same side and pressure on the back is much more useful. It is still available as well. Your lds just has to order the components seperately and assemble them. Being able to see depth and direction without having to turn things over, switch hands, etc is a good thing.

I have to echo Jim's suggestions. Compass and Computer (depth gauge) on the wrists is a very nice setup. Keeps all the important information in front of you with no need to reach for a console.

As for the nice graphs and stuff, I have a atom and it also has only one graph like the geo. I find it to be executed well. It only displays the one that is most important to your current dive profile. At any given time, it'll only be one of those three that determines how much dive time you have left.

If you use a compass a lot, on the wrist is good. If you only use it occasionally, which is often the case in tropical diving, in the console can work out well. Advantage being one less thing to keep track of and put on, and not having all this stuff on you arm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom