I Need diving excursions ASAP.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underseahunter

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am cruising last minute, and my cruise line does not offer any SCUBA excursions, besides a deep dive on the buffet, LOL. Any shops, vendors, operators, of fellow travelers please let me know your best info PLEASE.
Here is my cruise schedule.

Leave Sat, Jan 27 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic 10:00pm

Sun, Jan 28 At Sea

Mon, Jan 29 Fort-de-France, Martinique 11:30am 7:30pm

Tue, Jan 30 Barbados 9:00am 6:00pm

Wed, Jan 31 Grenada 9:00am 6:00pm

Thu, Feb 1 St. Vincent 8:00am 5:00pm

Fri, Feb 2 At Sea

Return Sat, Feb 3 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic 9:00am

Grenada--I have use Aquanauts, www.aquanautsgrenada.com, and had excellent dives with them. Sorry, but I have not been diving in the other ports.

Grenada--I have use Aquanauts, www.aquanautsgrenada.com, and had excellent dives with them. Sorry, but I have not been diving in the other ports.

Thanks I will check them out. I dive there before, but don't recall the shop. Neither do I recall the shop on Barbados that took us to a remarkably intact, and encrusted wreck... One of the disadvantages of not keeping a logbook.

I've gone with Roger's Scuba Shack in Barbados the past few times we've stopped there on a cruise. They're in Bridgetown and they picked us up at the cruise ship dock; it's a fairly short drive from the ship to the shop.

Roger and his brother have been doing this for 30+ years; their crew and boat were both great for us.

Haven't been to your other islands...

Any dive operators up and going in Dominica?

I don’t think so. When I was there I used and would have very highly recommended AL Dive. Excellent people/shop/boats but that was all pre-hurricane, I don’t think anyone is consistently operating now although I could be wrong but I don’t think I am... Dominica was some of the most amazing reef diving I’ve ever done; really hoping they come back stronger than ever and quickly too.

This information is too late for the OP obviously because he has already taken his cruise but to anyone else in a similar situation here are a few recommendations I could provide:

In Grenada I very much enjoyed diving with and recommend Eveline at ScubaTec (Ackie is an excellent DM). They are located quite a distance away from the cruise pier area however and specialize a little bit more in advanced/technical diving the way I remember so some may be better off using Aquanauts due to time constraints. Both are highly rated.

In Barbados Peter at West Side Scuba Center will take good care of you. He and his son have a wonderful boat and the diving there was great, especially at The Stav - maybe that is the wreck the OP mentioned/remembered? That is actually where my profile picture came from, an excellent dive.

Never dove in DR, St Vincent or Martinique; sorry to all.

All of these ops are small boats/high quality and have a full supply of quality rental gear - none will disappoint.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom