I need a Job (No Joke)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After 7 years as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician with Delta Airlines I found out yesterday that as of February 1st I, and 16 others, will be let go from the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida maintenance base. We're only 17 of nearly 2000 Mechanics that Delta is laying off nation wide so I now need a job.

I have over 20 years of experience in aircraft maintenance and can fix nearly anything mechanical. I'm also quite good at building things either from scratch or from blue prints. Sheet metal work was my speciality for many years but recently it's been mostly turning wrenches and electrical trouble shooting.

If anyone has a position for someone with my experience, or knows of someone who does, please PM me, especially if it happens to be somewhere in Florida as I am now a wimp and can't stand the cold.

Thanks,

Wish I could help you out. Sorry to hear of the loss of job. On a good note, they are giving you plenty of warning, and not dumping you a week before Christmas like I have heard lots of companys do.

Yeah, mate, that's really tough news...

Sounds like you have lots of skills and a good atittude, so hopefully that will be all you need to get you through...(and some support from family and friends...)

Why not take some time off and do some of the trips or goofing around you never had time to do. I used to do that every year or two between jobs when I lived in the States. Some great trips and experiences sandwiched in between those jobs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom