I made a clothing brand specifically geared towards Commercial Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tatback

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I envy commercial divers and what you guys do for a living....So I made a clothing brand geared towards your life style....please take a minute to check it out and give me your honest opinions and tips.

Thanks in advance :D :D :D

DirtyDiverApparel.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Commercial divers don't use spear guns, so I don't see the significance to commercial diving.

"Dirty Diver" ? Sorry, I don't get it.

I agree with Muddiver....you should have an umbilical or something coming from the helmet instead..

Commercial divers don't use spear guns, so I don't see the significance to commercial diving.

"Dirty Diver" ? Sorry, I don't get it.

First let me start by saying if your a Marine....Thank you very much for your service. My grandpa is a Marine.

It was a logo to cover the commercial part and the spearfishing part.
The "Dirty Diver" means anyone who isnt afraid to "get their hands dirty" Like the old saying goes. Someone who Earns their bottom time.

I am working on different logo's though. Not much different but I am going to have the speargun removed in a few and add in other items for other types of diving.

---------- Post added ----------

I agree with Muddiver....you should have an umbilical or something coming from the helmet instead..

Thank you for your advice...I am working on a different logo now to cover more commercial diving and leave the speargun for the spearfishing divers

Last edited by a moderator:
I envy commercial divers and what you guys do for a living....So I made a clothing brand geared towards your life style....please take a minute to check it out and give me your honest opinions and tips.

Thanks in advance :D :D :D

DirtyDiverApparel.com

Not sure why you envy us ...

BUT, I would never buy something that called me a dirty diver. It does not read like you imagine it does.

Also Spear fishermen and commercial divers ?? Where is the common ground ?

Its like making the same T-shirt for Skiers and Rugby players ... they both have legs.

Honestly not advertising... But how would I get advice on my site without showing it.

OK...advice and feedback...
The artwork looks like free clipart Elementary school kids might use for a paper. You came up with some wording that will not appeal to any commercial divers or recreational divers, or spearfisherman, and you combined all of this on some shirts you would like to sell.

Advice....come up with words that have meaning and interest..Come up with creativity in the art design. Dont use clip art.

Dont expect to be able to sell to divers, when real divers can't figure out how to sell to divers :) ...and you are clearly not a diver, based on the lack of understanding you have already displayed.

Is this closer to what you were looking for ? :)

I think those shirts would be perfect to sell at your school. There is no self respecting commercial diver who would wear those shirts, but they might be interesting to your fellow students who want to pose in some allegedly macho shirt. They may not know the difference.
I think you should add a shark somewhere, to add more drama to it.

Hmm. You also included people like me in your description of those who "earn" their bottom time. I'm a scuba instructor, so I guess you could say I get paid for my bottom time. But I'm a self-respecting middle-aged lady, and like the commercial folks who have weighed in, I don't identify with the "dirty diver" label.

Plus you have spelling mistakes in your text printed on the shirt--even if I thought of buying one for somebody who doesn't really understand diving (after all, people wear shirts with all sorts of text that has nothing to do with their personal realities), I wouldn't buy one with spelling mistakes on it!

Plus you have spelling mistakes in your text printed on the shirt--even if I thought of buying one for somebody who doesn't really understand diving (after all, people wear shirts with all sorts of text that has nothing to do with their personal realities), I wouldn't buy one with spelling mistakes on it!

In addition to 'spellcheck' the OP should also run the text through a grammar checker, punctuation checker, apostrophe checker, etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom