I Love You Cozumel & Guacamole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huh, I haven't heard that opinion often. I thought the food at LCBR was pretty good. Certainly not gourmet, but decently prepared, plenty of variety, and nicely spiced (not bland, like a lot of buffet food can be). Just another example of varied expectations from different folks. It's a wonderfully diverse world out there.
04.gif

Have to agree. I have always found their food to be quite good, with lots of choices and good variety. Different strokes I guess...

Loved Especias!!! Try the lion fish here!!

Little Cayman is my "busman's holiday" place. I went to LCBR when first opened and the food was great! Then went downhill rapidly. Pirates Point is way up there above LCBR in both food and diving service. Indeed Pirate's Point is the only other Caribbean resort I can recommend, and I have no interest in any business outside of Cozumel

Just my 2 cents.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Well, be prepared to be disappointed then, as Pirate's Point recently hired the guy who has been the LCBR executive chef for the last 6-8 years. I really liked his food at LCBR, so maybe you will too when he is preparing it at PP. The new chef at LCBR is good also, but I liked Anthony's lunch offerings better.

Pirates Point is way up there above LCBR in both food and diving service. Indeed Pirate's Point is the only other Caribbean resort I can recommend, and I have no interest in any business outside of Cozumel

Wow, Reef Divers doesn't make the cut either. Hard to imagine better/easier. They handle all your gear, pleasant staff, give 3D wipey board briefings (that seemed to be spot on), sit on little bench while they bring your gear, stand up & fall off boat. I haven't stayed at Pirate's Point, but maybe I should. Aldora must kick ass, gonna try you guys, too. Just teasing Dave, but if you don't bring me a fluffy royal purple pillow for my bum, I'm going to be sorely disappointed. :D

Last edited:
1. avoid beef
2. don't do AI
3. always see folks smiling ... maybe they were seasick on the ferry... :D
4. there are dozens of excellent restaurants in town of all varieties of food and price ranges, no need to eat AI slop.
5. return year after year, because it's the closest, most reasonably priced vacation from where I live, in Texas. we price other places in the Caribbean, but usually come up with a price close to what we could go to Hawaii for and would go to Hawaii in a heartbeat, if we could afford that price, but can't. Plus we've been going there for nearly 20 years now, it's home, we feel comfortable there and don't have to go through 2-3 days "learning the layout of the land" as you do when going to a new place.
6. we have plenty of Lionfish on Coz, it's just that they have gotten smart and most of them are below 100' during the day and we don't see them as much.
7. yep. there are A LOT of folks out there that THINK they know how to dive, but get them on the reef and it's pretty clear they weren't paying too close attention in class.

Loved Especias!!! Try the lion fish here!!

Not a seafood eater but the gratis Bruschetta at Especias was the best I've ever had and they could simply have brought plates of it out and I would have left happy. I had the steak and it was yummy and not equine in origin.

Guido's was nice for a higher end meal but the pushback from not ordering desert was offputting to say the least.

2. don't do AI
4. there are dozens of excellent restaurants in town of all varieties of food and price ranges, no need to eat AI slop.
Not all AI food is slop. For someone who drinks, an AI can be a good deal. When I went "a la carte" on my last visit, I was spending upwards of $40 on dinners without drinking anything stronger than iced tea. When I stayed at Secrets the previous year, I paid $220 for a huge ocean-view corner junior suite with wrap around balcony that was more like a terrace, eating food almost as good as the best a la carte restaurants in town, all my cocktails, wine, and beer included, plus breakfast, lunch, snacks, unlimited room service, and upscale coffees. The hotel had a lagoon style pool, a "real" beach, entertainment, and a dock to get picked up my my preferred dive op.

The people that snub AIs have simply never stayed at a quality AI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom