I lost my logbook.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andydiver

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all.

I am flying out to Thailand shortly to do my D.M.
I have the slight problem that I can find my log books.
I have a few profiles on my laptop but nowhere near the 60 that I need for my D.M.
Am I going to have to do 60 dives or will my laptop entries be accepted.
Thanks 4 all advice.

Can't you re-create them from memory? I found it is easier than you think, if you think in terms of divesites and how many times you did the site. Mine are logged in my Suunto and if it was lost...well.. there is no logbook. My advice is that you sit down and do your best re-logging your dives. You did the dives right? Basically you are stating that you have done the prerequisite experience.

I'm sure the laptop will be accepted. It's mostly an honour system anyway. I mean, any diver can just make that stuff up if they wanted to lie. If they did, the instructor would know right away because you can't fake skill. You could always contact your dive shop and explain the situation to them. They may just believe you and take you on your word.

Start with the dives you did for OW, AOW, and Rescue. Those are the main prerequisites. As Jturkey said, if you claim to have done the rest, who can dispute it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom