I have been blessed with three free Beuchat VX 10s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rusty Shackleford

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999

They are too nice to throw away. A friend of mine was once an avid caver and gave me these. They are corrosion-free, just has a bit of sand in the seconds that will be an easy clean. Scubagaskets has parts kits for the firsts and seconds that I am going to order at the end of the week. I have a 1999 dated service guide (written in French but can copy and paste from for translation).

I know these were well-regarded as reliable and easy to breathe so I am going to attempt to salvage them.

What tools do I need to break these down? Does anyone here have service experience on Beuchat regulators?

Simon is looking for a DIN adapter for the one that is in yoke. I don't think he is having much luck to date. Can anyone lead me to a Beuchat DIN adapter that fits the VX 10?

Advice?

Comments?

Snide remarks?

Recipes?

ETA: NM, the V8 and V10 are different designs.

I've opened a couple of their V8s and VTR8 2nds, using that French guide for help. I don't recall anything unusual about the 1sts, but don't have access to my notes at the moment.

I like that the guide gives the o-ring sizes...

the service procedure is similar to apeks, but there are a few parts that are different like the oval exhaust valve. not too difficult to figure out. the vx10 iceberg is still a current product, so maybe contact a beuchat dealer.

They are merely invisible, I assure you. A French fad from the late 90's.

Anytime I acquire a used reg, I break it down and bin the pieces. The hoses get put into a pile. I will put new on them when I rebuild the batch.

the service procedure is similar to apeks, but there are a few parts that are different like the oval exhaust valve. not too difficult to figure out. the vx10 iceberg is still a current product, so maybe contact a beuchat dealer.

I noticed the oval exhaust valve. One of them seems to have yellowed a bit. I am going to clean and re-install unless I can find a replacement.

They are merely invisible, I assure you. A French fad from the late 90's.

Anytime I acquire a used reg, I break it down and bin the pieces. The hoses get put into a pile. I will put new on them when I rebuild the batch.

1) were they braided or rubber?
2) doing inventory on that pile must be a PITA.

I have a custom beuchat spanner, not sure on the size but DO NOT take the swivel apart. The matte finish vx10’s were notorious for leaking from the turret. It was a known problem and the techs were apparently told to not take them apart, due to risk that once you take it apart there was a very high probability that it will never seal back right again. Hope I’m not too late. Also the 2nd stages aged very poorly and the majority that I have at our shop all have cracked housings where the plastic spacer and metal backing of the valve tube sandwich the housing. If that’s broken unfortunately getting the housings is nigh impossible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom