I have a new dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
11 years ago my son was born. A couple nights ago he scored 100% on the written SSI exam. Did his first open water dives. One more day, 2 more dives, till open water JR. certification. I made him study like a mad man. He was upset about going over everything over and over and not being able to play at times to remember it. But when he got the result he had a grin from ear to ear.

11 years ago my son was born. A couple nights ago he scored 100% on the written SSI exam. Did his first open water dives. One more day, 2 more dives, till open water JR. certification. I made him study like a mad man. He was upset about going over everything over and over and not being able to play at times to remember it. But when he got the result he had a grin from ear to ear.
Brilliant. Hopefully that will mean many many years of memorable dives ahead.

Only comment I would make ( and I am not sure if you have it or not), particularly because of who you are diving with, would be to get rescue training. It might just either keep you out of trouble or help you if you ever do have a problem.

^^^^ +1

I have advanced rescue and nitrox. He cant do advanced or rescue till 15, and not sure about nitrox.

I am really looking forward to diving with him. This has been a really fun adventure with him. Lots of father son bonding time and i am really proud of him for doing so well.

I have advanced rescue and nitrox. He cant do advanced or rescue till 15, and not sure about nitrox.

I am really looking forward to diving with him. This has been a really fun adventure with him. Lots of father son bonding time and i am really proud of him for doing so well.
I believe there can be Jr. Master Scuba Divers at least as young as 12. Would they not have to take, like, "Jr. Rescue"? Admit I'm fuzzy on the subject, as I don't favour kids that young diving anyway, but that's another very old topic.

I believe there can be Jr. Master Scuba Divers at least as young as 12. Would they not have to take, like, "Jr. Rescue"? Admit I'm fuzzy on the subject, as I don't favour kids that young diving anyway, but that's another very old topic.

I will have to ask. I didn't see anything else on SSI's website till he turns 15. He can do nitrox at 12

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom