I hate Cam bands.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frackingawesome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i hate cam bands i really hate them. i am talking about the stupid plastic buckles that you have to weave a strap through. i can never get them over my pony tamer, i have to lift my heave BCD up and off the tank and then lift it again to put it on the new tank. and that stupid pony tamer!

i know you guys are going to be like man up, or awe you poor baby cant lift a "heavy BCD" boohoo... maybe a woman's bcd would be easier to lift you pussy... man you a disgrace to men everywhere... and i get all that... i really do, but on my travel BCD i have an awesome aqualung grip lock! and i love it! It come apart and and is just so freaking easy. you hardly have to move the BCD when you switch tanks.

So my question, is there any reason that i could not just put grip lock like straps on a B/W. i would need to use 2 of them. and what brand would you recommend?

PS. this is obviously for single tanks only.

Thanks

The DGX ones are fine: DGX Tank Strap, Quick Release with S/S Hinge Buckle. One is probably plenty, but get two if you want. I use one on my DiveRite TravelPac instead of the two cam bands.

You want to make sure you can easily remove your current bands, though.

+1 for the quick release DGX bands. I replaced my plastic ones with these and they're much easier to use.

I actually bought 2 Aqualung griplock cam bands (you can buy them separately from a BCD) for use with my BPW. They're not too expensive and fixed all the similar frustration I had with the more traditional style.

I actually bought 2 Aqualung griplock cam bands (you can buy them separately from a BCD) for use with my BPW. They're not too expensive and fixed all the similar frustration I had with the more traditional style.

I did the same thing, seemed like a simpler way to adjust for different tank sizes.

I replaced my lower cam band with one of the DGX buckle straps. I like the top standard cam band because I think I can snug it tighter (IMHO, YMMV). Only have to lift over the top band and I run it as close to the top as possible so very little lifting.

OP, you're discounting the value of the workout your arms get in lifting the BC! Weight training without trying! :D

I have to put my tank on the ground to get my BP/W onto the tank as I'm short (I even had to do this while boat diving on Lake Michigan Saturday!). It's made heavier by the weighted STA on top of the steel BP. It's even heavier after the first dive from the water that's gotten into my wing during the first dive. I've had cam bands that you could undo. Disliked them with a passion. I'll deal with the lifting and the resulting biceps that are getting nice from lifting all the heavy dive equipment. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom