I got fat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldsmoke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I need to expand my wetsuit a bit - mostly in the mid section. I don't want to spend much as I am saving up for a drysuit. Anyway, I have purchased some cement called "Plyobond" at the hardware store. It is a contact cement for rubber, vinyl, etc. Any experience with this glue. Aslo, I don't know much about neoprene. It seems that besides thickness there are different grades. What is the right kind for diving. Thanks.

My parents used to make wetsuits, believe it or not.

They would paint the neoprene glue on the seams and approximate the edges together. Certain seams got a whip stich.

I think you should call a custom wetsuit maker and ask what the glue is. It used to come in a can, with a brush in the lid. It smells great, if I remember right.

Walter, or Nemrod would know for sure.

catherine96821:
My parents used to make wetsuits, believe it or not.

They would paint the neoprene glue on the seams and approximate the edges together. Certain seams got a whip stich.

I think you should call a custom wetsuit maker and ask what the glue is. It used to come in a can, with a brush in the lid. It smells great, if I remember right.

Walter, or Nemrod would know for sure.

McNett Neoprene Cement. Most dive shops can sell you a small tube. You can get in larger cans, but it goes bad in the can pretty fast after you open it.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom