I FINALLY feel like a real diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aeweems12

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am so proud that today I completed my first dives where I was not diving with an instructor or under the watchful eye of an instructor.

A group of us from my LDS were headed out to dive the LuLu in Gulf Shores and I was given an instabuddy who had fewer dives than me (I had 37, he had 12). We went through a pre-dive check of each others gear, discussed hand signals, how we wanted to dive the wreck, and when we would make our turn to get back to the line. Getting back on the boat after the second dive, I was so pumped because both dives went well and according to our plans. We both got back on the boat with plenty of air (I had 1300, he had 700).

Everything that I have learned in my classes up till now are really starting to make sense and I now have the confidence in myself to be able to dive with an instabuddy, develop a dive plan, and dive that plan safely. What a great feeling!

:yeahbaby:

Congrats aeweems12. Glad you had a great experience.

Woot! :)

O WHAT FEELING! Keep on diving!

Sounds like you are diving with "Confidence"...great job and keep blowing bubbles. :)

Awe, look dear, our baby girl is all grown up. :crying2:

We are so proud of you. Ashley you have come a very very long way. :goingdown:
It feels good when you can do it on your own, and even better when you start paying it forward with a little mentoring.

So when are you coming back so we can dive the wrecks? :)

Great Weemsie,

Hope we can find an opportunity to buddy together at some point :D

It's Shake n' Bake... and I helped! :D :D :D

Glad to have been a small part of that progression. Can't wait for you to come back down to dive with us here in Key Largo, but not as a student this time. :D :D :D

I love this post! it's the best new diver story: new diver get's certified, dives within their limits while expanding their skill and competence, then buddys up, plan a dive, dives the plan, and all goes well.
aeweems12, you ARE a real diver. Your should feel great.
DivemasterDennis

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement! Can't wait to go diving again :goingdown:

Back
Top Bottom