I drank the HOG Kool-aid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave22387

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I just picked up a set of hogs (D1 cold and classic seconds) from dive gear express (awesome folks...) and dove the rodeo 25 right after I walked out of the store... I had to work pretty hard to fight the current and get to the anchor line and move up current on the wreck... Let me say something about these regs... I have dove the most expensive regs out there and these as far as quality and how they breathe are up there with the best. They breathed so easy in a hard current at 130ft (was using some major gas) that I can't believe the price that I paid. Cerich if you read this great job man and I will tell all my buddies that these are the regs to have... I am now a believer! Now I just need to find the technician course in boca.

Top quality, low price, they will teach you how to repair them and will make the parts easily available. Sounds to me like you are drinking vintage wine rather then Kool-Aid.

Sssh.... not to much of that "these prices are sooo reasonable." We don't want Chris raising them too much now :)

Honestly, as much as I love a good deal, I don't need rock bottom prices. I want Hog to be profitable and stick around. It's great to have an alternative to a $1000 gold plated MK/25 first stage.

I think it's funny that the majority of HOG haters feel the way they do because of price alone. The question people should be asking is "Why do all the other manufacturers charge so much for there regs?"

Bought the same! Anticipating delivery today. TWO sets of cold water D1's with classic seconds for primary and octo, flex-rite hoses, blackface SPG's. One for me, one for the bride. Must thank the ScubaBoard crowd for helping me make my decision.

Only been comparing regulator sets for two years!

When are the courses in key largo?

Back
Top Bottom