I don't believe we've been properly introduced.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I'm new to diving but I already love it! I have been a snorkeler since I was about 5 years old and always wanted to be a scuba diver(snorkelling swimming pools and cattle tanks in the Nebraska panhandle). I Moved to Texas when I was a teenager. I kinda lost sight of my scuba diving dream during my hell raising years(high school and college). I'm 33 now and married, and have started snorkelling again in the last few years. I got my wife into it and we went to St. Lucia on our honeymoon. It made me realize I had to get certified(it really sucked having to keep coming up for a breath). We finally got certified around the first of June(PADI open water). I'm hooked! I found this site researching scuba gear. Lots of good info here...and honest opinions. I like that. My wife and I have only been quarry diving around here so far. We plan to go to Belize in August, and hopefully also Cozumel in October. So, that's my story...Whew!! ... I feel like I'm at a divers anonymous meeting!...
Anyways.. Nice to meet you all!..

Scubaholic that is. Welcome Zagnut from the Dallas area. What part of Texas are you in? Lot's of Texans on this board. I too was certified in June.

Stay wet.

Jimbo :)

I was certified in April and now wish diving was my profession!

What exactly is a cattle tank? And if you snorkel in one, what can you see? PLease explain to a city girl from Asia. :p

Truth of the matter is that we have all been bitten by the diving bug. Lucky for us there is no cure! Welcome to the family Zagnut, glad to have you aboard.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

I'm in Denton, Tx. BetterLateThannever we are practically neighbors. Keralucu, A cattle tank(or stock tank..I guess most call it) is just a waterin' hole in the middle of a pasture for cattle. In Texas they're fed by creeks or mostly runoff from rainfall(big mud puddles really). In the Nebraska panhandle, it's not quite so bad because they are fed by windmills that pump up well water from underground(sometimes into a big qalvanized metal tank similar to an above ground pool...sometimes just into a low spot in the field). The water is much clearer. As for what there is to see... not much. Moss, tadpoles, maybe a few frogs. Some of the bigger tanks had perch and maybe some small bass. I just liked wearing "flippers"(fins) and a mask...Hell, I used to even wear them in the bathtub. I don't know why...starin' at the drain wasn't really that exciting and the "flippers" were useless in the tub(I eventually out grew that habit)... or did I... I guess now I'm just lookin for a bigger tub (so to speak)...

I want to go on record that even though Zagnut lives in the same town as me (Denton, Texas), we are absolutely no relation....:p (see the Redneck Diver Thread)

Hey Zag! You're close enough to be part of the Texas Swamp Dive Team! We are planning another dive real soon so if you'd like to join us, let me know via e-mail. (Corsair & Lynnette are in Decatur and Tom Vyles & his N'Orleans bride are in The Colony)

Also, the Scubadillo dive club meeting is this thursday. Let me know if you'd like to attend.

Are you SURE you're not related, TM?? LOL Being from the same town an'all?
:p

Zagnut - ohhhhhhhkay.... I see what you mean.

Congratulations on certifying by the way - hope you have a fabulous time in Belize... (JEALOUS!)

Especially when You can't dive.To cope, we suggest copious quantities of alcohol,prescription medicine,illegal substances and whatever else you need to cope until you get in the water again.Welcome.
Cheers Big Ears,
The one and only Dealer,
The Gasman

Back
Top Bottom