I DID IT!!! I've booked a trip to Bonaire!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pembina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
All I have been able to think after spending what was the best week of my life earlier this year in Roatan was "where am I going in 2009?"

Well I have finally decided..... BONAIRE!!!

It is probably way too early to book (not going until early March 2009) but after all my research I think I found the best place to stay, the Coral Paradise Resort. It looks like it will offer a lot of quiet & rest time along with some great diving through Captain Don's Habitat. And I was afraid that if I didn't book early, I may loose out. Also flying from a small airport in the midwest, it is hard to find flights from here to Bonaire without having a long overnight layover both going and returning. I was able to find a flight with reasonable airfare and a trip duration of only about 10 hours vs the 20-30 hrs for some other flights. So I figured I better grab it while I can.

Now I need to familairize myself with Roatan. Where to eat, where to grocery shop, what are the best dives. What not to miss, what to avoid. You know...just all the usual questions. If you can help enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

The only problem with going is that you are going to want to book again before you even leave.
Say Hi to Kenny and Margaret for me, you will enjoy them, they are great folks. No need to know Bonaire to well as the Treadaways will point in all the right places and give you directions. They were 100% accurate on where to get supplies and where to eat good local food etc. They can also give you good advice on dive sites as well. If you can, get the upstairs apartment closest to Capt. Dons. The breeze is nice and the parrots will fly in the trees along the fence line during your morning coffee on the deck.

I've already booked for June 2009!

Yahoo....congratulations! We're booked for next summer as well. :D

Mike, I've heard there's a wind reversal on Bonaire which is causing the conditions to be less than ideal. Apparently these wind reversals are short lived, so it's likely you won't experience them next week.

We'll be there Oct 19th-26th. Woo hoo! Our 1st trip to Bonaire.

I'm excited for you. And I love the idea of booking far in advance. What a great concept! :coffee:

hey salth2owannabe, what room gives us the best evening view while drinking our coronas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom