i-Das flip adapter vs. Dyron Adapter for Canon S95 w/ WP-DC38 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandrs19

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have any experience with the i-Das flip style adapter like the one shown in this review posted in another thread: I-das swing lens adapter with Inon and Subsee +10 and I-das with UWL 05 Combo on Sony RX100 on Vimeo

I am looking at it for my Canon S95, but I am worried that if have to turn the camera the "wrong way" that the weight of the lens would cause the mount to either flip out of position or, if you were trying not to use the lens attached to the adapter, it would flip back over (or partially over) the lens and get in the way.

Otherwise, I might have to go with the Dyron adapter like this one: Dyron 67mm Adapter for Canon WP-DC38 S95 Housing (DY.ADC38) | Bluewater Photo & Video

If anyone has experience with either, I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks!

I like my Dyron. It slip fits firmly on the housing with a small screw to hold it in place. I was thinking of going with the Inon lens adaptors
but couldn't get it when I needed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom