I chose the DUI clx450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
I did a lot of research, asked a lot of questions and I determined which dry suit to buy, but:

It was hard work going through all the posts and reading peoples opinions on their suit, taking advice from experienced dry suit divers and determining what the best suit and material to get for my diving application.

I am afraid waiting for my suit to come in is going to be the hardest of all. The anticipation is killing me.

Andy

happy to be done with the research, but now the waiting begins :)

Ken here - did you roll with the Sig...? Is that why the wait?

K

My dealer was busy the last 2 days, he just submitted my measurements to DUI today ( Thursday). I will probably get the SS regardless.

I chose the 2 bellows pockets, EE p valve and Kelvar knee pads. Most likely he is going to say its cheaper to get the SS if i want those options, which i do. Also, i want a suit that fits well. The less baggy the less drag i will get. may as well spend the extra $ for the SS. I think he said its $250-300 extra if i want the SS model.

its probably the best $300 investment i can make.

Andy

I dont think the price he told me included the options so it may take the price up a bit. Still a great deal either way i go.

5 weeks wait for the sig is what i am told.

trymixdiver wrote...
5 weeks wait for the sig is what i am told.
That's what I was told too...

but it was more like eight.

Hopefully, your mileage will vary.

I just wanted to do it myself since it seemed a little high to have them do it...I will be insanely jealous of your suit until I get my valve.

Enjoy it!

i expect it to take longer than 5 weeks.

with x mas right around the corner i suspect it will be more like 6-8 weeks :(

Andy

nothing i can do about it.

I ordered a signature series CLX 450 in the first week of November. Apparently they are back ordered and now they are saying the middle of January, which will be 10 weeks. :( Ber Rabbit said hers took over a year before she got it.

Good deal or not, im not waiting a year.

hope your wrong, i will contact DUI monday.

Andy

I was told 5 weeks but i figured with the holidays upon us it may be a few weeks longer. I year isnt worth waiting, i will buy a Viking from BOB3 if thats what they are telling me.

actually i will buy the Viking and dive it until my DUI is ready if its gonna be that long.

Deep breaths, serenity now serentiy now :) you got me all worked up for nothing.

Get this, my GF ordered her stock size Flex 50/50 the same day I ordered my custom and her suit has already come in! She not only decided she would wait until mine came in to get our seals cut and take the orientation class together. What's worse is it sat in the apartment for TWENTY MINUTES after she got it home before she tried it on! If it had been me I would have been undressing half way up the stairs so I could be in it as soon as I go it out of the box.

Hell I would have put it on in the car!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom